This is the Message Centre for MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

is it afternoon or evening over there ???

Post 49101

ITIWBS

'What would Trump be like in the Cuban missile crisis?'

Post 49102

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/history/mwh/ir2/eventsofthecrisisrev1.shtml

smiley - winkeyehe's have probably pressed the red buttonsmiley - biggrinseeing the threats he's made against certain other countries lately smiley - laugh

Post 49103

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - runback later, I'm going to be brave:- "using soap"smiley - laugh shower-time

Post 49104

ITIWBS

smiley - laughReminds me of the time they gave Pigpen a bath in the "Peanuts" comic strip.

He screamed and screamed, there was nothing left except the bath tub ring and Pigpen was seen no more.

Post 49105

smiley - laughmy granddad always said to my mam - leave the kid alone, where there's muck, there's moneysmiley - smileyafter all these years smiley - sadfaceI ain't got the money BUT! why the change habit of a lifetimesmiley - laugh

Post 49106

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'd father not invest much time or energy in alternative history, except for entertainment purposes. Trump would have been about 15 years old at the time, hardly in a position to make such a decision. By the time he reached the age at which he could legally run for president (1981), the crisis had passed and Ronald Reagan was president. Trump supported Reagan, at least in 1984.

Post 49107

running a business empire and running a country are as different as chalk and cheese, can't be mixedsmiley - sadface

Post 49108

Interestingly enough, at least two presidents ran universities (Wilson and Eisenhower). Eisenhower, along with Grant and Washington, had also been military commanders. Arguably, George W Bush had been a businessman. To be honest, the longer Trump stays in office, the better Bush looks in retrospect. smiley - sigh I believe that at the time Bush was elected, he was the first president to have an MBA. There were a few times when this was obvious, in a positive way. Trump is showing us the negatives.

Post 49109

ITIWBS

Trump is making progress on the cold war in the east by means of under-bidding the North Koreans with the Chinese.

Post 49110

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Thank goodness Trump wasn't at the helm of state when Khrushchev was feeling his oats. My guess is that none of us would be here now.
This President doesn't have the skills to use his advisers in any way, save for continually uttering"You're Fired!!" to them, at inopportune times.

Post 49111

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Ohh...
smiley - biggrin
Hello,mates. Hope you're all doing well witg you're respective climate situations.
Still hot and muggy down in Southern California. ITIWBS, I hope you are okay??
smiley - goodlucksmiley - goodluck

Post 49112

ITIWBS

Doing fine, getting stronger.

New 220V AC a success.

Close friend who went down in the 50C/122F heat still in the hospital.

One can't exactly call the incident 'chilling'.

Post 49113

Actually, I used to read horror stories during the hottest weather because they sent chills down my spine.

Today it will hit "only" 84 degrees before the violent thunderstorms move in. I'm sure we will see footage of tornadoes in central/Western Massachusetts on the evening news. There's a major east/west storm track through the center of the state. Springfield, Worcester, and he Massachusetts Turnpike are along it. Remind me not to drive the turnpike on a stormy day smiley - headhurts

Post 49114

ITIWBS

Something I truly dread, driving on southern California freeways during the first rains of the winter season, just enough water to bring the accumulated oil of the past season to the surface.

Post 49115

bobstafford

Then you will take care then smiley - ok

Post 49116

I don't need weather forecasters etcsmiley - biggrin I know what the weather will besmiley - smileyif I stick my bum outta the window,it gets chilly smiley - ermand if it gets sunburn-the suns outsmiley - erm

Post 49117

Remind me not to look your way when you stick it out the window smiley - sadface.

Post 49118

bobstafford

If you do there may be complaints.

smiley - laugh
Why do you show me this?
A fourth? Start, eyes!
What, will the line stretch out to the' crack of doom?

Macbeth Act 4, scene 1, 112–117

Post 49119

The line that separates low culture from high culture can be thin indeed. smiley - tongueout

Post 49120

bobstafford

Oh yessmiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more