A Conversation for The Failure of Christianity to Stand Up to Reason

A hypothetical imagining

Post 101

Hoovooloo

Get the quote right, blicky - it's "shouting of spite", which is of course the exact opposite of what Della does, which is the spouting of shi... well, write your own joke.

SoRB

A hypothetical imagining

Post 102

azahar

Presumably, SoRB, you are referring to the Della Technique™.

Why answer a question or defend a stance in a debate forum when you can just accuse others of 'picking on you' and then call them silly names and try to smokescreen the fact that you aren't answering a darned thing by simply being rude to other researchers?

az

A hypothetical imagining

Post 103

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Are you all having talking to yourselves, and insulting Christians?

There's no point in my answering, because whatever I say will be twisted, as per usual.

Whoever wrecked Alexei Sayle's joke (about shouting spite) by explaining it for the hard-of-thinking, I am sure he thanks you... smiley - laugh

A hypothetical imagining

Post 104

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

<>

You're definitely reading it wrong. It was not an insult to my wife, it was an insult to the retarded dogma of the religion. My wife's purpose throughout her membership in the church was to gain some sort of understanding for the meaning of life, how the universe works, and where she fits into it all. The ministers would throw some half-baked nonsense at her, and it didn't make sense, so she'd ask about it. And after stammering for twenty minutes like a parent asked by a three year-old where babies come from, the ministers would give her a book to shut her up. She'd read it, and find that it never actually answered her question.

So she met me just as she was leaving that particular church, but still brim full of belief... and questions. She put those questions to me, and I answered them. She found those answers to be a whole lot more satisfactory than Christianity's, because they were concrete and honest answers instead of pie-in-the-sky circular baloney. Then I loaned her Dan Barker's book, and that was it for her and Christianity.

Personally, I couldn't be any more proud of her. Her deconversion shows an uncommon intellectual honesty and flexibility. She's a breed above the fundies who turn into shrieking monkeys when their beliefs are questioned.

<>

Who was blaming you? We were talking about God not doing his job. Are you God now? I seem to have underestimated your ego.

But now that we've established that you're God, and we've established that I'm more powerful than God, at least I know why you're always so angry with me. It must be frustrating for you to feel so helpless around me when you've been telling everyone you're all-powerful.

A hypothetical imagining

Post 105

What an utterly childish answer, Blathers! I am not God and never claimed to be. You know full well that you had accused me of not caring about you and your family - and so you're lamely twisting my words, as usual! I give up. I am not going to bother trying to be polite - you're not!

smiley - sadface

A hypothetical imagining

Post 106

azahar

<>

Could we please see some links to posts where you *were* trying to be polite? smiley - winkeye

az

A hypothetical imagining

Post 107

Oh, it's you az, being silly... Sorry, I don't have time, I have literally about 5 more minutes, until I have to prepare a resource for my language student - and I am now working full-time, so I don't have any time to argue with anyone here. TTFN!

A hypothetical imagining

Post 108

azahar

Classic use of the Della Technique™. The 'I only have five more minutes so I'm not going to waste it on you' ploy. smiley - ok

Seriously though, glad to hear you're working full-time now - you must be very pleased about that. smiley - smiley

az

A hypothetical imagining

Post 109

Hoovooloo

Yah, I expect she is. Her students, on the other hand...

SoRB

A hypothetical imagining

Post 110

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Meow....

A hypothetical imagining

Post 111

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Naughty children! Get back to the point!smiley - evilgrin

smiley - biggrin

smiley - tea

I notice that very few people have actually answered the question posed by NPY in post 1 (restated by me in post 27).

And no one has answered the related question posted by me in post 37. I must have a shot at that one myself. Some time when I'm properly awake, perhaps.

TRiG.

A hypothetical imagining

Post 112

<>

I never accused you of not caring about me or my family, I said that according to you, God doesn't care. The evidence is easily available in Post 92. So either you're God, or you're lying.

You have even less right to talk to me about childishness than you do about ego.

A hypothetical imagining

Post 113

smiley - yawn

A hypothetical imagining

Post 114

smiley - zen

A hypothetical imagining

Post 115

Kandarian

(the last posts were complete nonsense, i first didin't read the "accusing", and "haven't you said" posts, but after i did, i believe this conversation has became a "hipothetical nonsense talking")

peace smiley - cheerup

A hypothetical imagining

Post 116

<>

Pretty much.. But it was intended to be more..

Key: Complain about this post