A Conversation for The Failure of Christianity to Stand Up to Reason

Your post on Christianity

Post 421

azahar

Well, Mudhooks, as High Priestess of the smiley - disco az cabal smiley - disco I take umbrage at the suggestion that I have a 'boss-man' smiley - cross .

Though I suppose it could be possible that Della has some inside information about a plot to overthrow me . . . or perhaps this is a new use of the Della Technique™? Attempting to divide and conquer? We shall have to revise the technique list at the next cabal meeting. smiley - winkeye


smiley - disco az smiley - disco


ps
nice one, six7's smiley - ok


Your post on Christianity

Post 422

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

Well, I had my foil helmet on all weekend (due to the increased Conservative Party gamma-mind-ray transmissions in advance of the upcoming Federal election) so I may have missed the weekly mind-transmission of your deligtful newsletter. Can you send me the meeting schedule via email?

Damn those Conservatives! You know how I look forward to the joke-of-the-week!


Your post on Christianity

Post 423

Hoovooloo


"I did English lit at University, man, and I write science fiction!"

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Ahem. So sorry.

smiley - laugh

I've read some of it.

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

No, sorry, can't say anything coherent, laughing too hard.

SoRB


Your post on Christianity

Post 424

badger party tony party green party


As far as I remember Della has told us often that it is a case of using comom sense, or rather "santified common sense", whatever that is.

"Dawn reached out her rosy fingers and carresed my face" can be read in one of two ways very easily.

It could be a woman called Dawn touhing someones face as there is no definitive articel preceeding Dawn to show it's a thing and not a person. I certainly read it with the impression that Dawn was an actual woman mainly because there was nmo information to suggest any context of personification.

I'd expect someone who often claims to be a teacher to know this, but Tony Blair studied law at university and contrary to what his recent actions regarding international laws, he actually passed. So it just goes to show that studying a subject and actually knowing how to use what you have learnt dont always follow each other, something Im reminded of time and again when I read your posts Della.

Did you know as a child I was taught good manners?

one love smiley - rainbow


Your post on Christianity

Post 425

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

"Did you know as a child I was taught good manners?"

smiley - laugh


Your post on Christianity

Post 426

Impfistplayer

Hi all (and sundry)

I feel compelled to comment on this discussion (or at least this discussion as it was for the first hundred posts or thereabouts after which I stopped reading, citing human frailty and the need to sleep)smiley - smiley.

I stopped reading after Justin the unpopular minister unsubscribed.

@ Hoovooloo: I find your diligence humbling, your intellect astonishing and your personality (or as much of it as could be witnessed through your writing style) entertaining.

I would like you to know that I read both your standpoint and Justin's with great interest - because if God can be disproved then I for one would like to know about it.

Having just said that, I realise that it is somewhat dishonest. What I think I mean is that I have enjoyed watching a well-equipped, well versed, well-read, well-'ard man of the 21st century do his darndest (and fail!) to rationally or logically convince me that God doesn't exist.

A tip for next time(if you want one): Use more of the different translations of the Bible. The "The" in "The Holy Bible" is a very poor use of the word if it leads us to believe that a single translation of the Bible is the be-all and end-all.

This has strengthened my faith, and for that I thank you (and God - for leading me to this and guiding me through it) - and after thanking you, I suspect that you might apologise for having mislead me!smiley - laugh

Justin's definition of a real Christian matches my own. Knowing that, I know I am one of them. A real one. I have never felt greater peace in my life.

Life's funny like that.......


Your post on Christianity

Post 427

Rosebud

Hi Justin

IMO Roman Catholics are Christians...........as are the protestants who came after. Also the Orthodox who took a different route.
If it wasn't for the Roman Catholic church there would be no Protestants........ as thats why they were called Protestants.
You sound like a Jehovah's Witness not celebrating Christmas but they don't have ministers........... so you can't be that.
What church do you belong to? It seems so exclusive........ and sounds like it excludes half of Christianity from being Christian.

I think if Roman Catholics have more emphasis on doing good works it is because they are closer to Judaism which is very ethical........ and is more doing.

I have read that Islam is closer to Judaism than Christianity.

Anyway I read the original writing on here and think the writer did not know anything about his history of those two books known as the Bible ( I don't know much.....but do know the Old Testament is a part of the History of the Jews recorded by them and how they saw it at that time.) No wonder he was confused..........
Mind you after reading what you wrote Justin I'm not sure I agree with you either.
smiley - run

Julie


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more