A Conversation for The Failure of Christianity to Stand Up to Reason

God gave you a brain…

Post 41

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

~*~You think that because he was portrayed as a dour, jabbering, indecisive bore by the Republicans.~*~

No..........

I think that because that's the opinion I formed while watching the Presidential debates. in all other ways I ignored the whole campaign.

smiley - boing


God gave you a brain…

Post 42

NPY

Well Kerry must've been really bad if they voted Bush back in despite his war on Iraq. Unless he had worse PR/campaign guys.


God gave you a brain…

Post 43

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Have to agree with you there.

smiley - boing


God gave you a brain…

Post 44

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Jay Leno even made fun of that during his monologue.

smiley - boing


God gave you a brain…

Post 45

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

<>

And that, in a nutshell, explains everything that is wrong with American politics.


God gave you a brain…

Post 46

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

I wasn't old enough to vote yet.

smiley - boing


God gave you a brain…

Post 47

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

But you would be shocked at how many voting adults approach election day the same way. During the election I remember having phone conversations with my brother and my best friend about the election. Both supported Bush, and when I asked them why, both gave reasons which were diametrically out of alignment with reality. It was clear neither one of them had been paying any particular attention.

For example, my brother was active duty Navy at the time, and he was going to vote for Bush because the conservatives are usually more military-friendly. And, as it turned out, he believed two widely-publicized lies about Kerry... the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" smear, and the "flip-flop" distortion on weapons and armor appropriations for the troops in Iraq. Neither of those stand up to scrutiny, and a more careful analysis of his voting history shows a steady background of support for the military.


God gave you a brain…

Post 48

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

*Has to take his word for it.*

smiley - boing


God gave you a brain…

Post 49

NPY

Just goes to show that for all the campaining the candidates do, people don't listen to half of it and what they do hear, they can get wrong. Perhanps Bush was more "military friendly" in a sense that he used them, where Kerry was perhaps wanting to bring them home freom Iraq sooner?


Key: Complain about this post