A Conversation for Kraft Dinner

Available in the UK

Post 21

Vestboy

We had Taco Bell near here a few years ago but it didn't take off and was replaced by a Wendy's.
In US movies people are always offered cream with their coffee. Is it really cream or are they being posh about milk?

"I take my coffee without cream"
"We haven't got any cream!"
"Have you got milk?"
"Yes."
"I'll take it without milk, then."

Available in the UK

Post 22

james007

How curious. We had Wendy's, but they didn't take off and they've been replaced (in London at least) by a McDonalds (Kings Cross) and a empty shell of a building (Shaftesbury Avenue). And in Bradford by KFC. Nice.

I did enjoy Taco Bell last time I was out there. Couldn't get the hang of the talking dog though.

Available in the UK

Post 23

Gerry

I can't believe I found a site discussing KD! As a lapsed Canadian living in the UK for the last 20 years, it's nice to know I'm no longer alone. Yes Kraft Dinner is available here as Cheesy Pasta -doesn't have the same ring does it - and it doesn't quite taste the same. It's time one of you real Canucks started doing some proper smuggling!

BNL

Post 24

Wolfe

And of course, it was quietly ridiculed in the South Park ep 'Not without my Anus', by Canadian superstars Terrance and Philip.

Available in the UK

Post 25

reisz

yeah, "salad creme" and a *good* curry!

Stop Press

Post 26

Vestboy

I just looked and the local Wendy's has been shut for months.
Burger King is still doing well as is McD's

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more