A Conversation for The Feline and Fiddle

stranger in town...

Post 341

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

My computer at work is quite clear however. And I have my hiro-glyphics person (the glyph formerly known as P***k) translating that last entry. While the final report is not yet available I might suggest Tink that there is more than mild contempt, well beyond the "ahem..yes quite" level being expressed with those antler thingies, greybeards, stuckout tungs (sic - really sic) and the ubiquitous fish signature.

Menza's last offering has been succesfully translated to mean I should have said "oblique spelling of his name" not "obtuse". See his last entry for sample obtusion.

stranger in town...

Post 342

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

No I'm sure it's not contempt... I suspect the other smileys were just there to amuse...
*passes John some Fruit Pastilles to apologise for Fish's random smiley use*
smiley - winkeye

stranger in town...

Post 343

Oops. Mea culpa. Menza reference from another conversation about whether his name is spelled obtusely or obliquely. Just to clarify: His answer in the other thread was obtuse. His name is spelled obliquely. Not clear enough? OK, his name is Menza. When I said he spelled it obtusely he corrected me by showing me just how obtuse he can be when he puts his mind 2 wit.

stranger in town...

Post 344

Who's a fruit pastie?
Forgive me I'm on my home computer and its gone all fuzzy again.

stranger in town...

Post 345

"it's"

stranger in town...

Post 346

threeoftwo:- Alright, already!!!.

..Tinkerbell was giving you a Fruit Pastil..If you dont want it, can I have it?? Is it a purple one?

stranger in town...

Post 347

Are you sure you wouldn't rather assimilate one of these lime jammed crumpet toasties?

Oh and the fish is good here too. Red Herring today, in a bit of a pickle.

All the best, Three of Two.

stranger in town...

Post 348

Oh dear. I take it you're not in a good mood today? Think happy thoughts! (and I really don't get the lime jammed crumpet toastie reference, again, but I'm sure you mean it as a friendly compliment to whoever it's directed at). And I've given up assimilating people, 'cos I'm a NICE lime jammed crumpet toastie.
I hope you're feeling happier soon, but I really must be going 'cos it's all too hostile in here...(I'm in the happy place, I'm in the happy place...)

stranger in town...

Post 349

Hostile? Me? (Or "moi" as the french would so foppishly put it)
Gruff, brusk,insensitive, bilious old fart with a sense of humour darker than a witch's...Perhaps. And yet, truly, never hostile. Besides which (no pun intended) Momma don't allow no hostile in h2g2ville. This ain't Napster ho.
But if you want hostile I'll give ya hosti...
Now where'd she go? Run off with her cordical stimulator betwe..
They don't make Borg the way they used too. (Heavy sigh...)
Ah well, back to the Cellar at the Bof where an old fart can let it all hang out.
Peace children.

stranger in town...

Post 350

john, may I take the liberty of directing your attention to "quote of the day" in my journal...

stranger in town...

Post 351

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

What? I was being nice and giving you Fruit Pastilles to make up for Fish's mistakenly mean smileys... smiley - smiley

*passes John a random selection of sweets*

smiley - biggrin

stranger in town...

Post 352

Please can I have a Fruit Pastil? Pleasepleaseplease (I like the purple ones, but I'm not fussy) smiley - biggrin (looks hopeful)
smiley - angel =threeoftwo, who loves Fruit Pastils

stranger in town...

Post 353

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*apologises*
Of course you can have the purple ones...
*passes over a bag of purple Fruit Pastilles*
You could come to the Ministry Of Jelly too if you like? There's many Fruit Pastilles there smiley - biggrin

stranger in town...

Post 354

..thanks! (dives into bag of Fruit Pastils) smiley - biggrin Yum!
Ministry of jelly? Sounds like threeoftwo heaven!

stranger in town...

Post 355

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*grins*
Glad to hear it... I have no idea where it is but theres a link from my pagesmiley - smiley
*looks proud*
I'm the Minister y'know, it means I get to eat all the jelly and claim it's for research purposes smiley - winkeye

stranger in town...

Post 356

(just hot footed it to the Ministry of jelly)...(and back again)
Excellent! But you'll save some for the rest of us..won't you? Can I be Official Fruit Pastil Counter, (just to check that nobody's been making free with the jellies) I'll take really, really good care of them! smiley - devil

stranger in town...

Post 357

Menza

It'll be fun adjusting the stocks when you accidentally undercount. smiley - winkeye

stranger in town...

Post 358

...Oh yes..and don't tell Tink, but I'm really bad at arithmetic..1 Fruit Pastil, 2 fruit Pastils...D'oh! 1 fruit Pastil, 2 fruit Pastils...

stranger in town...

Post 359

The Fish

smiley - tongueout

I wasn't being rude! smiley - nahnah

.... but I do need some... smiley - zzz
smiley - hangover

stranger in town...

Post 360

...I'm sure you weren't, Fish...You can't go to smiley - zzz yet, it's early! smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post