A Conversation for The Feline and Fiddle

Cookie

Post 901

Menza

Especially when you've been stuck in it for as long as Fish's sister. smiley - winkeye

Cookie

Post 902

Cakewalker

Presumably Fish's sister is also a fish (?), in which case isn't she in a bowl, not a box?

Cookie

Post 903

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

Not necessarily she might not have had swimming lessons yet?

Cookie

Post 904

IanG

You know? I've *always* been suspicious about the fact that fish can just swim, wondering how exactly it is that they learn. All now becomes clear. smiley - winkeye

Cookie

Post 905

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

Well clearly they have some tuition... have you never seen a fish in fin bands?

Cookie

Post 906

IanG

I always thought it was a bad thing (for the fish) to be floating on top of the water...

Cookie

Post 907

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

Nope thats how they don't drown when they first learn to swim... I mean if you taught them to swim underwater as soon as they were born it'd be too complex...

Cookie

Post 908

IanG

Ah... Err... I, err, I see...

*wanders off looking deeply perplexed*

Cookie

Post 909

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

Well if you were taught to walk underwater it'd take a lot longer than if you were taught above ground wouldn't it?

Cookie

Post 910

IanG

*wanders back, still perplexed*

If I had been taught to walk underwater, I think that would mean someone had got confused somewhere along the line. Were you taught to swim above water at some point? That would be quite an impressive trick though. *imagines a Christmas fairy levitating over a swimming pool*

*wanders off again, bemused, and still perplexed*

Cookie

Post 911

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*hovers over a smiley - stiffdrink*
See... and yes it's called diving smiley - tongueout

Cookie

Post 912

Menza

No, thats just the landing bit. smiley - winkeye

Cookie

Post 913

IanG

I've seen people attack a smiley - stiffdrink with vigour before, but never literally diving into one!

*attempts yogic levitation*

*fails miserably*

Cookie

Post 914

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*grins*
See thats because you weren't taught to walk above water before you were taught to swim...
*looks confused*
or something...

Cookie

Post 915

IanG

I think I know what the problem is: I've seen Wyle E. Cyote, the true hero of the Roadrunner cartoons. Whenever he walks over something improbable like water or the space just past a cliff edge, he always holds up a sign saying "What am I doing?" and a couple of seconds before plummetting.

I'm clearly missing one of these signs as I go through life.

Cookie

Post 916

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

Use a metaphorical sign, I find they're much easier to carry when running up the side of buildings...

Cookie

Post 917

IanG

You've done it again! I'm perplexed!

Cookie

Post 918

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*grins*
Me create confusion? Never! smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post