This is the Message Centre for FWR

Community Artists

Post 1

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Hi! smiley - smiley

We (the Community Artists) have been quite impressed by the photo you submitted for your Entry about motorbike control and so we'd like to know if there is the possibility that you would like to join our ranks. I'd best start with telling you a bit about us:

At the moment we are a very small team of 4 or 5 hard working people. Making pictures doesn't seem to be popular on h2g2, so we have big troubles finding new members.

What we do is basically illustrating the Guide. This of course means we have given topics (the subjects of the Entries we illustrate), which are often intersting, sometimes strange or difficult. The Guide Editors give us information about which new Entries have to be illutrated and then we try to get it done by the time the Entry hits the Front Page. Of course we also illustrate old Entries if we can.

For working we (and the other volunteers) use a site called Trello, where we can organise things, talk, upload pictures etc
What we want from members is basically regular contributions, which can be actually making pictures, finding open source pictures online, cropping pictures,...

Welll.. um... what do you think?

Community Artists

Post 2

FWR

Would be delighted to help out in any way I can. I usually put my work on Flickr but will have a peep at Trello.

Thanks for the invite, glad you liked the photo!

Lucky

FWRsmiley - cheers

Community Artists

Post 3

smiley - cheers Great!

We'll have to send you an invitation to our Trello group.
At the moment I'm at work, but I'll try to think of it when I'm at home.smiley - smiley

Community Artists

Post 4

FWR

same here, look forwards to it and thanks again

Community Artists

Post 5

I've finally sent you an invitation to our group. Sorry that it took me a while.

I think the whole thing needs some explaining.
Here is some information about Trello and how we use it: A87753351
Here is some more general information: A87725073

There is also a volunteer code of conduct which you will be asked to agree to officially, but at the moment I can't find where it is.
smiley - blush
It's no big deal, very basic things of being nice to each other and such.

Community Artists

Post 6

FWR

thanks, will have a go at getting my head around Trello, labels, cards etc etc!

Community Artists

Post 7

smiley - cheers great! If you have any questions just ask.

Community Artists

Post 8

FWR

whats the moved for resizing card about?

Community Artists

Post 9

We have a standard size of 300x400 px (portrait or landscape, whatever fits) to which all pictures are cropped.
Additionally those pictures which go to the Front Page get a 2nd version which is 625x350 px landscape. Lanza has to say if your picture needs a FP sized one or not. If the original picture is portrait it usually gets extended by a block of color that will be behind the text on the Front Page, if you know what I mean?

Community Artists

Post 10

FWR

okidoki,thanks

Community Artists

Post 11

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - whistleA87765736smiley - run

smiley - biggrin

smiley - towel

Community Artists

Post 12

FWR

Milla, ?....

Please remove my question if it breaches the codes!smiley - erm

Community Artists

Post 13

No, I think she means that's what you have to read and then you post in the thread at the bottom. smiley - smiley Don't worry, you did nothing wrong.

Community Artists

Post 14

Milla, h2g2 Operations

What? Oh nononono! Just a link to the page since Tav couldn't find it... Read, agree, and make a promise in the right thread. Easy. smiley - smiley

smiley - towel

Community Artists

Post 15

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Oh, and very very welcome to volunteering!
smiley - towel

Community Artists

Post 16

FWR

Phew! Tough day...have to brush up on my Smilanese !

And thanks

Xxbrackets kisses close brackets xx. smiley - run

Community Artists

Post 17

h2g2 Operations

Coming back with my official hat on - you are now given the badge for Community Artist volunteering! Go look at your Personal Space!

Milla smiley - cogs

Community Artists

Post 18

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

smiley - bubbly Yay! It really suits you Freewayriding! smiley - laugh

Now you've got two smileys you can use:

smiley - biker and smiley - artist

Community Artists

Post 19

FWR

gratitude oh great ones!!

smiley - bikersmiley - artistsmiley - magic