A Conversation for New h2g2 Feedback

Why are images not allowed in entries.

Post 1

seazoria

It is very difficult to properly convey the details of the prehistoric Hallettestoneion Seazoria Dragons Discovery without being able to post support field research and Sea Dragons excavation photographs. Additionally supporting photos of prehistoric Ordovician Seazoria Dragons Biological Remains being tested and dated in the Laboratory by paleontologists need to added to our entries here on h2g2. Can someone explain why photos are not permitted within an h2g3 entry. This rule seems somewhat prehistoric (pun intended). H2g2 seems life a great platform for sharing inside information into the Seazoria Dragons Discovery, however not being able to insert supporting photo content images seems to act as being counter productive to researchers. Thank you.

Post 2

Z

Hello.

If you are writing for the edited guide, you can e mail the images to [email protected] and they will be able to help usually they check they're appropriate before uploading.

Post 3

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Hi Seazoria

Currently new pictures can only be added to Approved/Edited Entries or Post Entries but not to unedited Entries. When you put your Entry into Peer Review and it gets approved you can send your pictures to us and we will add some to the Entry for you.
Another way is to send Entries to the Post together with a picture so the Post can publish it.
All pictures have to be your own copyright of course, otherwise we cannot add it to an Entry for legal reasons. This means we will not upload any pictures you found on the Internet or anywhere else. We also have a look at the general picture quality of all images.

If you are talking about unapproved Entries I fear the only way for you is to upload your pictures somewhere else and link to them from your Entry.

Post 4

seazoria

Tavaron da Quirm.

Thank you so much for the helpful information provided in your reply. The Seazoria Dragons Discovery entry was going to formatted around field research, Dragons excavations photos and Seazoria Repeating biological structures being tested in the laboratory by paleontologists. It is suggested in your reply that only certain Ordovician Hallettestoneion Seazoria Dragons Discovery images will be included and that only the images chosen by the by h2g2 peer review staff will be included.

Tavaron, once again I thank you for taking the time to respond to the "Images" question.

These are examples of some of the Seazoria Dragons Discovery images that would be inserted (40 Dragons Discovery Research Template Images) http://www.slideshare.net/seazoria/exclusive-access-inside-the-seazoria-dragons-discovery.

This is a Seazoria Dragons presentation "A Conversation with the Discoverer" http://www.slideshare.net/seazoria/62-pages-seazoria-dragons-discovery This is the basic format with words and photos I would like to use and submit for peer review. Note this is a current presentation and not the custom h2g2 guide entry that would be specifically created and submitted for Peer Review as an approved h2g2 Dragons entry.

What are the rules concerning the insertions of supporting field research film footage of Prehistoric Ordovician Hallettestoneion Seazoria Dragons. Examples of field research and Seazoria Dragons excavation videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/seazoria

Tavaron, As the Discoverer of the Prehistoric Ordovician Hallettestoneion Seazoria Dragons I Mike Hallett aka seazoria am the rights holder. Seazoria prehistoric biology has been confirmed and dated by paleontologists.

Sincerely
Mike Hallett
Seazoria Dragons Discovery
Utah USA

Post 5

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - ok When your Entry/Entries have gone through Peer Review - meaning that the Guide volunteers think they are suitable for the Approved Guide - you are welcome to send pictures to us, as I said. All pictures on these pages seem to be of a good quality and as long as you hold the rights (as you say) there are no objections to using them, as far as I can see at the moment.

Unfortunately we are not able to include any videos or audio files to h2g2 at the moment (for technological reasons). We are looking into that for the future, but at the moment we just can't do it.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more