A Conversation for New h2g2 Feedback

Important Feedback

Post 1

U14993989

I think you are all doing a brilliant job! The pan-galactic Gargle Blasters are on me smiley - ok
smiley - pggbsmiley - pggbsmiley - pggbsmiley - pggbsmiley - pggbsmiley - pggbsmiley - pggbsmiley - pggbsmiley - pggbsmiley - pggb

ps when do you think you will have the new H2G2 system fully functioning and have the time to sit back and rest?

Important Feedback

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - smiley i like it just a little bit broken it so reasuring smiley - smileysmiley - tea

Important Feedback

Post 3

Mrs Zen

smiley - ok Jack Russ!

smiley - ta Stone Art

>> when do you think you will have the new H2G2 system fully functioning and have the time to sit back and rest?

smiley - roflsmiley - somersaultsmiley - roflsmiley - laughsmiley - somersault

smiley - dolphin

Important Feedback

Post 4

Pastey

it's planned for next summer smiley - winkeye

Important Feedback

Post 5

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

We have plans?

smiley - runsmiley - winkeye

Important Feedback

Post 6

Mrs Zen

smiley - rofl We're going to sit back and rest? smiley - huh

Important Feedback

Post 7

Pastey

Sorry, it's plotted for next summer smiley - rofl

Important Feedback

Post 8

U14993989

Hi, I was thinking that with time the amount of work you were doing would diminish a little. For example, on one thread it was mentioned that the "moderation system" hadn't been fully sorted, meaning that when "researchers" yikesed and complained, it was adding tremendously to the amount of work you were having to do. This was placing a great deal of unneccessary stress and strain on your good selves who were working tirelessly behind the scenes smiley - ok

Some refreshments:
smiley - teasmiley - teasmiley - teasmiley - teasmiley - teasmiley - cappuccinosmiley - cappuccinosmiley - cappuccino
smiley - cappuccinosmiley - cappuccino
smiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cake

Important Feedback

Post 9

U14993989

ps: I have started about three threads on AskH2G2. Is there a way of "placing" them somewhere separate on "My Space" so that I can keep track of them. They are not particularly popular threads because they ask very specific questions. Consequently they seem to drop off rapidly from my conversation list. smiley - ok

Important Feedback

Post 10

Mrs Zen

I think the different teams will have different experiences, Stone Art.

I certainly hope things will settle down for the Mods when the tools are better.

The Guide Editors' tools also need a lot of work, but when they get them I think they'll probably turn the extra time into new entries. smiley - laugh

Pastey and I are working, in our different way, on future improvements, so the tasks we're embarked on will never be done.

Important Feedback

Post 11

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I was going to say, things were more difficult at first because the Yikes button didn't work, not because there were too many yikeses.

And the thing is, as soon as one plan comes to fruition it seeds more plans. smiley - smiley

Important Feedback

Post 12

Pastey

Ben's been discussing with the different teams what they need to be able to do their jobs, and I've been planning on getting these all together in the new improved rebuilt h2g2. We're currently getting Barlesque back on line (stop groaning at the back smiley - winkeye) and will then start focussing on getting the newer system in place, the first part of which will be getting the login system and volunteer tools hooked in.

DNA (what powers these older skins) takes more to plug stuff into that Barlesque does you see. And whilst we can build admin panels quite easily, there's also the stuff like trying to replace all the yikes popup windows and making sure that they work, that posts can be modded, and that modding tracked in the tools, etc, etc. And I *really* don't want to do that on a live server. Most of the bug fixing we're been doing so far has been, because it had to be. But we've almost got the test server up and running, and will be able to start using that smiley - smiley

smiley - rose

Important Feedback

Post 13

aka Bel - A87832164

Great QotD up there (post #2). Made me smiley - rofl

Important Feedback

Post 14

U14993989

#12 I didn't understand everything you said there Pastey, but I am beginning to appreciate why my original "having time to sit back and relax" comment brought forth so much mirth and comedy relief. smiley - ok

Important Feedback

Post 15

Mrs Zen

If we think of it being like moving house, you spend the first night looking for the loo-roll and the kettle, the first week getting the kitchen straight and making sure you've somewhere to sleep (or I do), the first two or three months unpacking about half the cardboard boxes. Then you might do a bit of re-decorating, or plant up the garden, or make some curtains. (For some reason you never unpack ALL the cardboard boxes). The thing is, you never actually stop.

Important Feedback

Post 16

Pastey

A very good analogy Ben. I'll add to it though that you start on your plans to refit the kitchen, but once you start you realise that you need to fit a new roof. And the plumbing's a bit iffy. That the back door doesn't lock properly. That there's a cat litter tray hidden in the back if a cupboard. And the gas supply is sporadic.

We're having fun smiley - smiley

Important Feedback

Post 17

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I think Pastey is keeping some of the fun to himself - I wish there was a test server to come play with... but it's coming, I hear?
smiley - towel

Key: Complain about this post