A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

Tuesday May 22nd, 2012: h2g2 Announcements - Towel Day

Post 1

h2g2 Communications

This Friday, May the 25th, h2g2 will be joining hoopy froods around the planet and across the Internet in celebrating Douglas Adams's life and works. As soon as you have completed your submission to the Shada competition A87754765, join fans and friends in honoring our site's founder by taking your towel with you wherever you go. smiley - towel

Wondering where to take your towel? Visit TowelDay.org http://towelday.org to find Towel Day activities in dozens of countries around the world. Share your Towel Day adventures here A87759067, post a photo of your towel on h2g2's Facebook page. or use the #towelday hash tag on Twitter.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hitchhikers-Guide-to-the-Galaxy-Earth-Edition/341327959239272

smiley - smiley
Happy Nerd
h2g2 Communications Team

Tuesday May 22th, 2012: h2g2 Announcements - Towel Day

Post 2

Geggs

That url for the towelday site isn't working. Probably because it's including the bracket extraneously.

Geggs

Post 3

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Thanks for the Announcement Happy Nerd, I can confirm my towel and I are on standby.

(also thanks to Geggs - will fix)

Shada The Competition is here: A87754765. The countdown to the final date is now on, three days!

Towel Day 25th May 2012, hosted by Create, is here: A87759067.

Lanzababy

Post 4

You can call me TC

Somehow I had got the idea that the competition is only open to UK residents. So it's not too late, then?

Post 5

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

No, not at all, this is a world-wide celebration in honour of the life of Douglas Adams.

Quote from the website: http://towelday.org/

"Towel Day is an annual celebration on the 25th of May, as a tribute to the late author Douglas Adams (1952-2001). On that day, fans around the universe proudly carry a towel in his honour."

There's a whole list of events over there, and you can email in your own event.

smiley - towel

Post 6

Geggs

I think TC meant the Shada competition, Lanza.

There's about it being for UK residents only on the compo page, so I guess it isn't.

This probably privileged information, but have there been many entries? Just curious.

Geggs

Post 7

Geggs

""There's [nothing] about it..."

Preview is my friend. Preview is my friend.(repeat)

Geggs

Post 8

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Well, we're an international site, the only stipulation was that you should register as a member with h2g2 in order to enter. I apologise if this wasn't terribly clear - entries are open to anyone in the galaxy smiley - tardis as long as we have them emailed to us before midnight UK time on 25th May.

I can't possibly comment on the numbers of entries smiley - winkeye, but we have 6 sets of prizes, so there is a better chance of winning than if we only had one.

Post 9

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

actually it is a universe-wide celebration, even revered among the matresses on squornshellous zeta smiley - towel

smiley - pirate

Post 10

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I don't think I've ever watched "Doctor Who," so entering the competition is out of the question for me. smiley - erm

Post 11

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Netflix, Paul. Netflix. smiley - whistle

Post 12

Baron Grim

Happy Towel Day, everybody. It's not quite the 25th here in Texas yet, but I won't be online again until probably late Monday. Hey, it's Towel Day. Isn't that a good reason for a 5 day weekend? (Oh, yeah, and Memorial day and my motorcycle club's annual rally. smiley - biker)

Post 13

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

smiley - towelsmiley - cheers HAPPY TOWEL DAY!!! smiley - sreehcsmiley - towel

smiley - applausesmiley - discosmiley - cakesmiley - winekeysmiley - redwinesmiley - pggbsmiley - stiffdrink

Post 14

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - wow

Happy Towel Day!

smiley - towelsmiley - divasmiley - bubbly *hic* smiley - towel

Post 15

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - towel

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - smiley

smiley - towel

Post 16

magstowel

smiley - towel I'm so excited smiley - towel

Post 17

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Don't forget to take photos so we can add them to our gallery, or you can post them to our Facebook page.

smiley - towel

Post 18

You can call me TC

I don't think I'll make it for the competition but I noticed on Towelday.org that there is a party in St Petersburg. My middle son is in St Petersburg with nothing to do and intends to grab his towel and mosey along.

Yes, that's Petersburg in Russia. Don't ask.

Post 19

Witty Moniker

Happy Towel Day everyone! smiley - boing

Post 20

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm going to Saint Petersburg next year, during the summer period.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more