This is the Message Centre for Malabarista - now with added pony

+1

Post 1

Malabarista - now with added pony

smiley - somersault As of today, we all get to make smiley - senior jokes about Yarreau, her being a granny and all. And I get to be Auntie Mal. We seem to have acquired a family baby. smiley - biggrin

The parents have put a ban on sharing any details on facebook, and I'll assume that includes here. So I'll just continue to call him Wombert online, that's all I knew him as until this afternoon, anyway...

+1

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - magic Happy birthday, Wombert! And congrats to the aunts and the Omachen.

Isn't there a song, 'Omama, Opapa,' or some such? smiley - run

+1

Post 3

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Congratulations on your becoming an aunt, Mala. smiley - goodluck to Wombert, may he enjoy his stay on smiley - earth. smiley - applause to the new mom and pop as well. There is a new Berliner! yeah!

+1

Post 4

Yarreau

If I had known you were going to post this, I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble (simultaneously, no less!) of finally finding out how to start a journal. smiley - tongueout

As to details - she didn't specifically mention Hootoo, so I think it's all right to say his first name is very much like that of the brother of the baby in the rushes, only replacing the first letter with the first-name initial of the oldest Walton boy... smiley - winkeye

+1

Post 5

Yarreau

Omachen????? smiley - wah

+1

Post 6

KB

Three cheers for Wombert and Auntie Mal! smiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boing

smiley - biggrin

+1

Post 7

h5ringer

Hip-hip horray smiley - somersaultsmiley - pggb

+1

Post 8

h5ringer

...or even hip-hip hurray smiley - somersaultsmiley - pggb

+1

Post 9

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Ooooh! smiley - magic Congratulations!

+1

Post 10

loonycat - run out of fizz

Ooh how exciting smiley - magic Congratulations auntie Mal, granny Yarreau and all smiley - bubbly

+1

Post 11

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Happy birthday Wombart!

Many regards, I expect to see you, bright and early, in 16 years

See you soon, hope your auntie spoils you rotten smiley - winkeye

+1

Post 12

Willem

Congrats Mala, Yarreau and Wombert!

+1

Post 13

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Congrats, Auntie!! And welcome to the jungle, little Wombert.

+1

Post 14

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Welcome to the world, little Wombert smiley - gift

Congratulations to the Barista Family!! smiley - magic

lil xx

+1

Post 15

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Welcome Wombert, congrats to Oma Yarreau, Tante Mala, parents and all others involved smiley - cheerssmiley - sreehc

smiley - pirate

PS: I think Oma sounds so much better than Gross Mutter smiley - tongueout

+1

Post 16

You can call me TC

Congratulations to all involved. I hope mother and child are both well and ready to start!

+1

Post 17

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Happy Birthday Wombert smiley - huh That's not the right thing to say is it?

Welcome to the world, and congratulations to the Family

smiley - towel

+1

Post 18

Yarreau

No, Oma doesn't sound much better, and neither does... ahem... Omachen... smiley - tongueout
Luckily, the OTHER grandmother wants to be "Oma", so I have the wild card.
Late last night I finally realized that Wombert's real name sounds almost like... Yarreau! smiley - magic

+1

Post 19

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I just thought "gross" isn't that pleasing to English/USian ears smiley - biggrin

In Danish we distinguish between grandmothers on the maternal side (mormor = mother's mother) and paternal side (farmor = father's mother)

My (Low German speaking) mormor didn't like words like Grossmutter and Oma because they made her sound old - she was very happy to be called mormor which none of her (of course also Low German speaking) neighbours and friends didn't understand the meaning of smiley - biggrin

Mormor Yarreau? Farmor Yarreau? - sounds fine to me smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

+1

Post 20

Yarreau

I think it's bad enough as it is, don't need to be "more more" or "far more" Yarreau... smiley - tongueout

I like the Scandinavian system, though; only it's bound to become a little complicated when you have both sons and daughters, and some of your grandchildren call you one name and some, the other... and then at big family gatherings, it's bound to get downright chaotic. Also, what if all of your grandparents are divorced and remarried?

Key: Complain about this post