A Conversation for The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - The Film

Peer Review: A3969147 - The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - The Film

Post 1

madtechie

Entry: The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - The Film - A3969147
Author: madtechie - U1517804

A brief, yet informative insight into a wonderful piece of history.

A3969147 - The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - The Film

Post 2

Isle

Before I even read the article, I thought 'Wow, given the excessive interest in this community, that would probably be a good collaborative entry.'

While I'm usually against spoilers, I get the impression that an article on a movie ought to have a plot overview, a list of characters with descriptions, facts like running time, ratings in various portions of the globe etc.

You were quick to pick this one up, though!

Post 3

Mornessar - h2g2's resident Wise Man

It's a bit short, isn't it? Edited Guide entries don't have to be overly long, but the should be substantial, and, no offense meant, but this entry, as it stands, lacks that.

One slight correction I think should be made to what you *do* have is the phrase 'four medium.' The plural of 'medium' is 'media.'

Other than that, I didn't notice any grammar errors, and I think it's great that you jumped on the idea as quickly as you did. I wish you good luck as far as this entry goes.

Post 4

GreyDesk

There are a number of reviews of the film floating around the site at the moment for fairly obvious reasons.

This film, this event more like, isn't I believe going to be chronicled in the usual style by the submission of an entry to Peer Review and on into the Edited Guide. The focus for it is at our weekly newspaper, <./>ThePost</.>. The editor, Shazz, has asked for people to submit their reviews and experiences of the film to her, and she will collate them and do wonderful things with them from there on.

Therefore my suggestion is that you take your (not half bad smiley - ok) review out of Peer Review and submit it to <./>ThePost</.> instead. The details as to how to submit articles to them are in a link at the bottom of the Post's front page, called "The Post Office".

Post 5

Mina

I didn't realise that Shazz wants reviews for The Post - I'll send mine over.

However, that doesn't stop an article/review about the film getting into the Edited Guide. In fact as far as I can see, the sooner we get one into the Guide, the better. That will help when we have lots of reviews submitted to PR - we can point out there is already one there.

Post 6

luciblack

Great summarysmiley - biggrin but I'm not sure about this:
'and towels remain being the most important piece of equipment a hitchhiker can have. '

Shouldn't it be 'and towels remain the most important...'?

2nd opinion anyone? smiley - erm

Post 7

madtechie

Hiya, thanks everyone for your help. it is brief, but then what do expect when writing at 23:45! Have taken your helpful comments into account, so thanks all.
Mad techie

Post 8

Cyzaki

The author has left the building - back to entry?

smiley - panda

Post 9

FordsTowel

Perhaps madtechie dropped in on our planet just to check out the film.

smiley - towel

Post 10

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

back to entry seconded

tjm

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more