A Conversation for I.C.A.R.U.S.

Another Example of the Stupidity of (some) people

Post 1

Spanner

I work in a shop that sells calendars (amongst other things). We have this big sign up saying "Warning: 1999 Calendars are not Y2K compliant and will need to be replaced." Pretty straight forward right? Not for the dozen people who asked me in ONE day (yesterday) why their 1999 calendars would not work in 2000 and how they could fix them so that they would. Now had I been the shifty type I could have offered to upgrade their 1999 calendar to be Y2K compliant for a "small" service fee.smiley - smiley sometimes I despair. how do these people learn to read?!

Post 2

Icarus

Are you joining? I really like this example.

Post 3

Spanner

Thank you - I would be honoured smiley - smiley I'll see what else I can come up with from the wide wide world of very stupid customers in future.

Post 4

Spanner

Hey I just remembered - in regard to the self-licking stamps issue I have had several customers come in and ask where the stamps are and why did we just give them some pictures of stamps, when they bought the new books of self-stick ones. I've also had to stop a number of people from licking them. damn new-fangled technology says hillbilly barbie

Post 5

Icarus

You mean there are actually people out there so brain-bubblingly idiotic that they try to lick self-stick stamps?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more