A Conversation for Cleaning Your Room

Why bother?

Post 1

Rickshaw Splat

Why not just leave everything as it is but pretend that your room is a very large box?

Why bother?

Post 2

beladona

Is this what the management gurus mean by "thinking in the box" ;>P

Why bother?

Post 3

Fredie Ghooouulashhhh

I agree with Rickshaw Splat. I can't live in a tidy room (it so alien to me) the first thing I do where ever I am is to make a mess (not intensionly) of my area (untill the Bugg Blatter beast of Traal complains). Besides Chaos shows creativness and genius. smiley - winkeye

Why bother?

Post 4

Cutlery, co-founding Freak and Patron Saint of Cutting Remarks ?¿

Also, if you put all your stuff in a box you will eventually have to root through the box to get something out (spilling the rest on the floor and making another mess). If you just leave the room messy it saves valuable time as everything is within sight and you don't have to root through a very large and heavy box. I have tried the box strategy in the past and these are the long term results: It simply proves how futile tidying your room is smiley - winkeye

Why bother?

Post 5

Xetilana

That is so true!! I think some brains have a strange way
of organizing things into memory. For example, I can
remember the location of my car keys underneath the
stuff in my room, but when I place it in a clean room, the
keys seem to be camoflaged and can't find them!! The
only reason my room should be occassionally tidied is to
make sure no buggers are running around, and to remove
extraenous dust because I wear contact lens. smiley - bigeyes

Why bother?

Post 6

Rickshaw Splat

Why do you have buggers in your room? It's a bugger to have bugs in your room but buggers are more of a problem. (I suspect one of those transatlantic language differences here - good idea for a guide entry perhaps?).

Why bother? Because I told you to.

Post 7

Me

The box works. If it doesn't get a bigger box. With a bigger box, it never fills. And for orginization, throw in some newspapers for chronological order.

My "genius and creativity" is now fuccused into my handwriting.

-Me

Post 8

Me

fOccused. foccused. and it spills over to my typing.
This site needs a spell check.

-Me

Post 9

Why should I tidy my room when the world's in such a mess?

Post 10

Rickshaw Splat

You've got to start somewhere.

Post 11

Twink

My mother says "be responsible, clean your room!!!" What I want to know is... how many times do I have to clean my room to BE responsible??

Post 12

Fredie Ghooouulashhhh

You don't. Just agree that you are responcible for you room being a mess and when you do tidy your room don't use a cardboard box, its better to use a large steel crate.

BTW You mum won't like your answer smiley - winkeye.

Post 13

Okay, more than half a year since the last posting smiley - smiley I reckon you shouldn't even have to tidy your room unless someone else has to spend any time at all in there. smiley - bigeyes That's my excuse, anyway.

Key: Complain about this post