This is the Message Centre for cactuscafe

Daydream Journal

Post 821

cactuscafe

Morning all! Unless it's evening. smiley - rofl. And happy new laptop to you all.

Resolutions

Make more sense in postings. smiley - rofl. As if ...

Not to have so many dizzy fits on bridges or panic attacks in supermarkets. In other words, to look after myself, acknowledge my limitations, hang out in the Trusted Spiral. (that's a trusted circle, with a new shape smiley - rofl)

Eat more omelettes.

Share my chocolate stash smiley - choc with my imaginary spirit guide.

Create stories with photos and text, kind of graphic novel, comic strip type thing, like what Dmitri did in the Post this week, with his Spiritualism piece.

smiley - redwine

Cycling through the flood eh? Best to turn back, good idea. Have to be careful of the eddies, those waves, it's the Nessie of the Flood smiley - rofl .. the flood monster. smiley - rofl

So annoying trying to cycle through water, see how far the bike can go before it stops, and oh no! that awful moment when you have to put the foot down, water sloshing into shoe, soaking sock, bad mood, go home, sulk, sell bike.

smiley - redwine

smiley - yawnsmiley - yawn a yawn smiley? I've never seen the yawn smiley that AE used. smiley - yawn why are yawns contagious? I just started yawning, just by printing out the yawn smiley. smiley - yawn that's so weird.

Daydream Journal

Post 822

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl I talk to people who start yawning when they see the smiley - yawn smiley. I live and learn.

CC, I will hold you to one of those resolutions - to make up a comic-book Entry.

You have about three months to work on yours. Mine's coming out in weekly installments, and I believe there are 12 of them. So get to work on your copy-and-paste techniques. smiley - winkeye William S Burroughs would be proud of you. smiley - whistle

I refuse to make resolutions. It validates the calendar. smiley - somersault

Daydream Journal

Post 823

AE Hill, Mabin-OGion Character of inauspicious repute

ya might want to check out: http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/F19585?thread=8299208 "13 for 13 - wanna take part?"

Daydream Journal

Post 824

cactuscafe

Yuh. smiley - huhsmiley - rofl

Good afternoon citizens.

I can't seem to open the link, AE, curious now smiley - rofl. I'm always like that if links don't work, I get curious, what's in the link? It's like a locked cupboard, grrrr, rattle rattle at door, there be treasure in 'ere. smiley - rofl Or chocolate. smiley - choc

12 weekly installments? Nice. I'll be there. smiley - biggrin I love the comic book Entry! Shyeeeee now blush blush can't follow yours Mr Edster, but honoured indeed. Be more like three years than three months but hey ... I wonder who else might make comic style Entries? This could be catchy, like yawns. smiley - yawnsmiley - rofl.

It's been an ambition for a while, to make a comic, kind of like Dave McKean's drawings for Sandman ahhhh I wish, and then when I saw yours, that was it. I stare I stare, I go places. Trouble is, yours is informative, mine will be more like a series of surreal realisations, with added sundials. And birds. There will be birds. And gateways.

smiley - run Heads off to drawing board

Daydream Journal

Post 825

Peanut

Here you go F19585?thread=8299208

no chocolate I am afraid

smiley - choc

13 resolutions is a bit of a stretch for me smiley - winkeye

Been out to the peat moors today, very flooded, but a hide was accessable, there were swans, and they were doing their song which made us chuckle and were grazing in the water head down and bottoms up
smiley - biggrin

Daydream Journal

Post 826

smiley - rofl Swans make me laugh. I like swans. They're mean, though. They attack dachshunds.

CC, your idea for a comic sounds wonderful. smiley - smiley It doesn't have to be 'informative'. It could be inspirational. Or puzzling. Or...smiley - wow

Maybe my crazy cut & paste will give you ideas.

Of course, you take wonderful pictures, so you may not need this, but try googling Library of Congress Photos'. (You just have to see if the picture says 'No known restrictions', then you can steal it.)

Or go to www.archive.org, and put in a topic. Find an old book. The Pre-Raphaelites are at my mercy...smiley - evilgrin...also illustrators of the 19th Century, all dead meat...mwahaha....smiley - run

Daydream Journal

Post 827

AE Hill, Mabin-OGion Character of inauspicious repute

Sorry cactuscafe,
I put the title, but failed to say it was in "Ask h2g2"
I have a bit of resistance to learning all of the nuances of h2g2 specific techno-bable.

I hope this helps.
[it is a thread that is like a new year's resolution list]

Daydream Journal

Post 828

sprout

Hello all

Have made it out from the cellar, via Bordeaux. Realised while I was down there that I'd gone in the wrong direction - poets write in attics, or 'chambre de bonnes'. Beginner's error...

But I did get the inspiration for one poem: A87782179

Right, off to read backlog...

sprout

Daydream Journal

Post 829

Poets in cellars, hm, I suspect a new movement...

Daydream Journal

Post 830

minorvogonpoet

The Poetic Underground. I like it. smiley - smiley

Daydream Journal

Post 831

cactuscafe

The Poetic Underground smiley - rofl, I love it. smiley - musicalnote

Hah! Sprout emerges from the cellar into the light of 2013. Bonjour monsieur, et bonne annee (searches for accent on keyboard, can't find).

Hmm, should we let him out? smiley - rofl. Ah, but he's written a poem, so perhaps we'll allow him exit, for a while. mwahahaha

Don't you love the way the Ed does that? the mwahahahaha thing.

smiley - runsmiley - ghost Especially if you hear it in an echoing cellar. smiley - run coming out of a hole in the wall, one way to cure the alco-hole-ism.

That always was an interesting lyric, about the holes and the Albert Hall. I loved it when the Beatles lyrics went all bendy, psychedelic.

Subtle rhyming there, holy and solely, you do what mvp does, you make those sentences go poetic in that way that poets do, which makes me pace around hungrily. I love it!

I think you and mvp should collaborate on a poem from the French underground.

smiley - coffee

Ah yes, attics, the garret, I do in fact know people who have written their most flawed, broken, yet finest works in a garret. The myth is true smiley - rofl, must be something about writers and garrets, I think I'll go live in one, and write haunted verses about swans. And dachshunds.

And thanks for help with link, all, I'm waiting to reincarnate as a techno wizard smiley - wizard,

and ...

smiley - run mwahahahahahaha

Daydream Journal

Post 832

minorvogonpoet

I don't think I could be a cellar poet, but I could, in theory be an attic poet. smiley - smiley

Our old French house has a cellar, but there's nothing in it, apart from a toad that occasionally wanders in. It has an attic (grenier) which is also empty but rather splendid, as it's big and the roof beams come together in a kind of complex knot, fastened by a huge iron bolt and wooden wedges. It could function as a writer's room. smiley - biro

Daydream Journal

Post 833

Peanut

We had a cellar in our family home, it had a table tennis table in there. Over a period of months and many games of table tennis, I fell in love with the lodger who lived in the attic.

Daydream Journal

Post 834

Peanut

oooh, I have jusr seen what you posted on the 13 for 13 thread mvp

well done you, for your resolve smiley - applause and smiley - hug

Daydream Journal

Post 835

minorvogonpoet

Thanks Peanut smiley - smiley and I like the sound of a smiley - love story over table tennis.

Daydream Journal

Post 836

Ah. smiley - eureka MVP wants to write in the grenier, but not in the cellar, because it contains a grenouille. smiley - rofl

Right now, I live in a cellar. Not really, but we're on the basement level, downstairs as you come in the front entrance, but ground level to the back of the building.

We actually like this, because we have a view of the woods and the valley where the creek is, and the next ridge. Also because we can go out the back through the screen door, and feed the birds and squirrels, who come to visit.

Yesterday, there was a sudden, mysterious flight of thousands of birds. They were too far up to identify, but they made an incredible whirring noise. We were completely startled. Harbingers? I wonder. But of what?

Daydream Journal

Post 837

Peanut

Sounds like you have a lovely view Dmitri smiley - cool

My garden is looking a little bedraggled at the moment and my house is decidedly untidy.

There is a impressive collection of muddy footwear drying all over the place, with all hues of mud splattered up jeans to be washed, light coloured mud from the poldens, red from the quantocks,dark clay from here, no peat though, because that got washed off wellies wading through the 'puddles'

So today is a tidy up day, and the washing machine will be put through it paces in between bouts of sulking as Spiller has gone home and the holiday bubble has burst

Doing the housework will make me virtuous, pottering in the garden is good for the soul, I have two crime stories to read for distraction but little bouts of sulkiness is allowed and will be got through by tomorrow smiley - winkeye

Daydream Journal

Post 838

Peanut

will make me *feel* virtuous

Daydream Journal

Post 839

Enjoy that, Peanut. smiley - hug

Daydream Journal

Post 840

minorvogonpoet

It's definitely true that different places have different types of mud.

Round here the Low Weald, which has clay soils, has deep, sticky, dark mud.
The High Weald, which is sandstone, has lighter, reddish mud.
While the chalk downs can be treacherous in wet weather, because the chalk combines with clay to produce a light grey mud which is very slippery.

So between us, we could produce a book called 'Fifty Shades of Mud'. smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post