A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Can you identify the story -

Post 21

Teasswill

I'd forgotten that one, but maybe it was lurking in the back of my mind. Perhaps I've got a little controller inside me...

Post 22

Baron Grim

Ah! You were trying to throw us off the trail by suggesting it was a god, giant, or malevolent. smiley - winkeye

Post 23

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Well the character did have an item of power that could destroy the earth..even if he wasn't malevolent.

Post 24

Recumbentman

The best line in The Wizard of Oz is "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

Post 25

coelacanth

smiley - spacesmiley - space"where the God, or giant, or some sort of powerful (probably malevolent) being appeared gigantic but actually had a rather small figure inside or at the controls?"

A11456543?
smiley - bluefish

Post 26

Cheerful Dragon

There's also The Corbomite Maneuver, an episode of Star Trek: Original Series. The Enterprise is menaced by a giant head which turns out to mask the ship of a child-sized alien. (The alien was played by Clint Howard, younger brother of Ron Howard.)

Post 27

Baron Grim

Ah, Clint... that is one busy, weird looking actor. He's got 239 acting credits to date.

Key: Complain about this post