A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Just did laundry and i am one sock short...

Post 1

Robert04330

Where did it go?

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Maybe a one-legged person walked off with it. smiley - tongueout

Post 3

fluffykerfuffle

ooh nooooo smiley - yikes

actually, i just did mine too, i have one extra so i may have it

Hidden

Post 4

Robert04330

this will all end in tears.

Hidden

Post 5

Superfrenchie

Is it white with a red and blue picture? I lost one like that to my washing machine several weeks back, maybe it fell through a wormhole and into yours?

Or have you checked the rest of the load?
Finding socks and other small items inside bigger ones (trouser pockets, trouser legs, jumpers,...) is not unheard of. smiley - shrug
I once found a pillow case inside my eiderdown case, when I took it off again to wash it. smiley - bigeyes

Hidden

Post 6

Icy North

After a recent purge, I have only two socks in my widowed socks drawer. One is dark grey with red and light grey stripes. The other is a brown & black check. Any takers?

Hidden

Post 7

Robert04330

It was white with a red line...

Hidden

Post 8

Rod

Ah, that might be awkward.
Normally, if you keep putting 'em back in the next wash, they'll tend to fade together to look quite like each other - close enough anyway.

Hidden

Post 9

Robert04330

you could always bleach them white...

Hidden

Post 10

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

IN the process of doing clothes laundry here... once the machine has finished, I'll hunt through whatever comes out, and see if they've matterialised here smiley - weirdsmiley - erm

Hidden

Post 11

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - zenA87784573
smiley - boingA583300
smiley - sillyA697575

smiley - towel

Hidden

Post 12

I counted sixteen socks in, and then 16 socks out, of the washing machine/tumble dryer today... all is well and at peace... but the missing sock, of that to which this thread pertains, was nowhere to be seen smiley - zensmiley - ghostsmiley - weird It didn't matterialise then, here, in my laundry/utility room...

Hidden

Post 13

Rod

Have you tried the dog's basket?

Hidden sock

Post 14

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
i told you, i think i may have it...
it keeps blurring around the edges with occasional little fzzts of electricity darting off the edges so its kinda hard to see bit i think it has a red stripe... .. . smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - erm

Hidden

Post 15

Robert04330

This will all end in tears..

Hidden

Post 16

U14993989

I have an even number of odd paired socks.

Hidden

Post 17

Any, and every, 2 socks that I own, which I pick up, match.... buying multiple packs of identicle socks is the only solution and creates a more stress-free laundry experience smiley - zen

Hidden

Post 18

Superfrenchie

Here's an idea for the next Meet: whoever has odd socks, brings them along, and we can have an odd-sock swap! smiley - biggrin

Hidden

Post 19

Superfrenchie

Forgot to add :
Everyone knows, of course, that the best way to find the second sock is to throw away the first one. You're garanteed to find the other one within a day or two. smiley - erm

Hidden

Post 20

the odd sock swap shop meet! smiley - sillysmiley - weirdsmiley - ghost

Key: Complain about this post