A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Researchers Reunited and Prodigal Posters - look who's back!

Post 101

Trekker

I seem to have got lost in the Ruins of the Strand Underpass in about 2001 and now found myself here. I do have a memory of 10 years spent working, bringing up some teenagers (ok, not murdering them), nursing an elderly mother and studying for a degree with the OU. Somewhere in there I forgot to climb out of the said Underpass and carry on exploring the rest of this world. It is good to be back.

Post 102

JulesK

JulesK back in the hoosesmiley - smiley

Post 103

aka Bel - A87832164

Super. smiley - smiley

Has anybody seen Woodpigeon? I saw a new account with that name today, but don't know if it's a coincidence or woodpigeon returned.

Post 104

Sonic Salamander

So far today I've discovered an account on here from when I was 15 and one from when I was 23. I'm now 27 and not doing any of the things I wanted to, or said I was going to do at 15 or 23. It's certainly an odd way of meeting your former selves but interesting none the less. So if any one remembers a sonic salamander that would be me. Doubt anyone does, but anyway I'm now a music student at University, so I did kinda make it to Uni, if all be it a little later than planned. Honestly the 15 year old version of me is looking at me thinking but I wanted to be a surgeon, well 15 year old self you didn't get the grades so you became a Musician.

Post 105

SmallRoundThing

I'm still being held prisoner

Post 106

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Sonic salamander, tell that 15-year-old self that the world needs good musicians, too. smiley - winkeye

Post 107

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

Hootoo was in many ways my first real online community, and I owe it considerable thanks for letting me stretch my creative legs quite early on, as well as for introducing someone absolutely wonderful into my life. I'll never be here as actively as I once was again, but it's nice to know the old place is still around and kicking. smiley - smiley

Post 108

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Don't jump to conclusions, Ace. smiley - winkeye

Do we have a prison on h2g2?

Post 109

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

We have a Kangaroo Court with a dungeon smiley - winkeye

Post 110

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

ooo the dungeon... I@d forgotten about that... must have been nearly a decade ago smiley - yikes

Post 111

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

And there's no shortage of smiley - handcuffs.

Post 112

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I may see if I can find it... though I can't remember where it was smiley - blush lettuce see how well the search is working these days smiley - snorksmiley - zensmiley - geek

Post 113

hygienicdispenser

A590546

Post 114

hygienicdispenser

Who'd a thunk it, we've got two Kangaroo Courts: http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/F6588679?thread=4016955

Post 115

Gwennie

Hello beveryoddy. I'm back/still here and offer thanks to Not Panicking for adopting hootoo smiley - smiley

Post 116

Swindon Addick (a.k.a. Lux Rothchop)

I'm here, at least the version of me that had a BBC ID is. I'm not sure if I remember enough about the original Lux account to re-activate it, but I guess I may get round to contacting the gurus and asking. It's something like 10 yeaars since I was here regularly, other than a few postings at the start of the year when the sale was first announced.

Some very familiar names appearing in this conversation, but of course I'm not too clear who's been here for the last 10 years and who's only just wandered back like me. Anyway, hello all.

Lux

Post 117

PaperKid

Thanks to Z, this account is once again quietly waiting to be handed off to the actual PaperKid (as opposed to Mom running it). How much longer does an eight-year-old have to wait?

Post 118

Jenny_Tablina

I sort of came back, signed up in 2003 and wrote a huge article about Sonic the Hedgehog when I was 15 (lol) and worked on that a while before dissapearing into the deep dark depths, now I am 23...scary

Still if the guide needs anything related to animation or video games, I'm your girl! : D

Post 119

Tolkny Pseudonymn

Well I suppose it is accurate to say I'm back, although I was never here very much in the first place.

i have been tempted to post a few thoughts elsewhere but think it unlikely they will be seen by many.

I don't see a 'recent comments' section, like other fora and blogs seem to have. I suggest such a section might stimulate responses and communication and a sense of greater community and belonging.

I can't quickly see where else such a suggestion might be made, so hope this prompts a response.smiley - biggrin

Post 120

lapislazuli

I think that given there are so many threads on here, a recent comments place would be extremely big and unsuitable to be on the front page (however, I haven't seen the examples you mentioned being on other sites). Also each posting on the threads here gives the time when the most recent responses were posted anyway. I'm open to further comment, persuasion etc..............smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post