A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Do women masturbate?

Post 1

humanicon

I had an aweful discussion with one of my friends, who says that women masturbate more frequently than men. What's your stand?

Do women masturbate?

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*giggles*

Not standing!!

smiley - blush

Do women masturbate?

Post 3

A Super Furry Animal

No, they don't.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Do women masturbate?

Post 4

Serephina

yes we do, probably about the same asmen,depending on the individuals drive smiley - smiley

Do women masturbate?

Post 5

A Super Furry Animal

Hmm.

Men (well, boys, really) start masturbating with the onset of puberty. Women, generally, don't.
Men will continue to masturbate even whilst having a sexual relation. Again, women, generally, don't.
Men masturbate until they can't get it up any longer. Women generally stop after menopause.

Overall, men do more than woemn.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Do women masturbate?

Post 6

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

What are you basing those assertions on Freddy?

Do women masturbate?

Post 7

A Super Furry Animal

My experience of life, obviously.

Tell me different.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Do women masturbate?

Post 8

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

different </>

smiley - blush

Do women masturbate?

Post 9

A Super Furry Animal

Really? at what age did you start?

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Do women masturbate?

Post 10

Vacant_Space

HELL YES!!!

Do women masturbate?

Post 11

Kitish

Some women start earlier / some start later. Some have the urge to do more frequently, whilst others dont. It depends on the individual. Same as with guys.

Do women masturbate?

Post 12

A Super Furry Animal

My point is, on average, men do so more than women, because of cultural and hormonal reasons.

Of all the women who've replied so far, how many masturbated regularly (i.e. at least once a day) since age eleven?

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Do women masturbate?

Post 13

Vacant_Space

Exactly

Do women masturbate?

Post 14

airscotia-back by popular demand

Oh yes, they do alright smiley - biggrin. The problem is they won't admit it (generally), whereas us males find the subject fascinating and will discuss it at the drop of a hat.

*Drops hat*

Do women masturbate?

Post 15

Vacant_Space

It all depends what woman you talk to.

Do women masturbate?

Post 16

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I think you'll find the opposite effect with us women.

Do women masturbate?

Post 17

Kitish

exactly. Its not something the female species admits to...I recollect several conversations with guys about male masterbation, but never have i had a conversation between girls about the subject!

and all I can say to the question is no comment :-p

Do women masturbate?

Post 18

Vacant_Space

Myself and my friends have talked about it loads of times....it may be that some are a bit shy to talk about it in front of men. Myself and my friends don't really care, it's natural.

Do women masturbate?

Post 19

A Super Furry Animal

Well, I can tell all you girls are shy, 'cos none of you has answered my question!

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Do women masturbate?

Post 20

Vacant_Space

Can't remember when I started but once a day? More like twice or more...depending on my mood.

Key: Complain about this post