Post 103

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

smiley - injured

All I know is that it hurts!

God Vs Aliens

Post 104

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

>> *god* not *good*. <<

Same thing really. To most believers anyway. And by extension we tend to accept the words as interchangeable. The proof is that we also generally accept that godless aliens (and humans) must all therefore be bad.
smiley - cheers
~jwf~

God Vs Aliens

Post 105

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

But some want to "save" the smiley - alienfrownhttp://www.christianspacemission.org/

God Vs Aliens

Post 106

SiliconDioxide

Of course God refuses to prove his (her) own existence and, in an interesting parallel, if all the aliens out there are following their version of the prime directive (star trek), then they too would avoid revealing themselves.

God is omnipotent, but aliens can make mistakes. Therefore we are infinitely more likely to obtain evidence for aliens than God.

God Vs Aliens

Post 107

Tumsup

>This will involve three different media, or modes: radio waves, laser pulses, and numerous—possibly as many as 7,000—inscribed six-ounce synthetic diamonds.<

But you must help! Currently these diamonds are being held in a vault in Lagos Nigeria and can't be released unless you send your banking information to me.smiley - smiley

God Vs Aliens

Post 108

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

You know, I just re-read Black Beauty (got a beautiful hardback copy in bookbarn for a couple of quid) and the religion expressed in there is the sort of religion I can handle: Be good to each other, be good to animals, too. Consider the feelings of everyone and everything, do unto others and blend it with common sense and all those who claim to be religious but who cannot claim those basic principles in life will be shown up as 'godless' (which, in spirit at least and therefore regardless of your spiritual leanings) is a state I believe to be geared towards cruelty, selfishness and somewhat or completely deliberate ignorance) in the 'final reckoning'.

When that should be and what it should mean dont really matter. Religion as an 'excuse' if you like for being a good person can be a force for good when you take power out of the equation. Sorry, if. Problem is, people smiley - love power and start putting more and more buckets, hats, ropes and saddles on the ol' buckaroo...

God Vs Aliens

Post 109

devotoid - old and grizzled before my time.....

I find it weird that people put faith in one or the other and that somehow this makes people better in some way, that people need a crutch to lean on when at the end of the day it's only yourself and others around you that can change anything. Maybe it's the nanny world we've been brought up in where we rely on others through our life to speak up for us, parents, teachers, politicians, pressure groups, the list is endless but vested and creates tensions that don't neccesarily need to be there. Tis a wiggly world smiley - smiley

God Vs Aliens

Post 110

winternights

Re Post 90
“There are two typos (I assume) in there that caused me some amusement. I won't make fun of them, though. I have spelling off-days, too.”
I winternights do formally declared that don’t give a damn if I make mistakes for unlike the threads subject matter, I am human

Welcome to the human race, warts and all.smiley - tongueoutsmiley - winkeye

God Vs Aliens

Post 111

winternights

So whose won then, God or the ugly critters from out of spacesmiley - winkeye

God Vs Aliens

Post 112

Tumsup

Can't declare a winner until one crosses the finish line.

The faithers are celebrating but there's nothing on the cameras. ET's not even returned our calls.

God Vs Aliens

Post 113

winternights

Deduction would go =Book Vs Comic=other peoples words Vs grossly inflated imagination, neither is a reliable source of fact, so ignore both and get a life. smiley - winkeye

God Vs Aliens

Post 114

Taff Agent of kaos

i was of the opinion that there were more videos of aliens/flying saucers than there were of "actual" god

so the aliens would win hands downsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - laughsmiley - winkeye

smiley - bat

God Vs Aliens

Post 115

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

There are several hundred thousand accounts of personal encounters or witnessing of aliens and ufos.
Jesus has a few gospels.

God Vs Aliens

Post 116

winternights

What do you do when you are capable of doing everything(possible god figure here, don’t get excited); amuse your self (steady) by throwing alternate life form into already murky pond.

God Vs Aliens

Post 117

Taff Agent of kaos

<>

and acording to some Theists that is all you need for proof.

so using "god-logic" aliens trump god

smiley - bat

God Vs Aliens

Post 118

winternights

Why the endless fascination with the obvious, neither of these alleged (non entities) are out theresmiley - tongueout

Key: Complain about this post