A Conversation for Ask h2g2

So, just what do you do with someone who's hobby is ruining sporting events...?

Post 21

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

He's a prat, he deserves to be bullied or possibly forced to participate in Big Brother.

I expect the Greeks will do something boring like lock him away.

Post 22

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Apparently not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3611558.stm

Post 23

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Yea! Free the dangerous lunatic!

Post 24

Whisky

Someone should give all the dangerous lunatics a hobby to keep them occupied....

smiley - erm
Sorry, too late, they've already all got a hobby - posting to hootoo!

smiley - tongueout

Post 25

Maolmuire

Yeah, he's a loon all right, especially since the third letter of Fatima has already been opened. Bit of a waste of time really. At least that's what I presume he was raving about. Let me see if I can get this straight. About 80-90 years ago, three kids get visitations from the Virgin Mary (in some place called Fatima, wherever that is). They learn from her that various pretty awful things were going to happen, including WWII etc. etc. Anyway, these prophecies were contained in three letters, which were in the keeping of the Pope. At least according to the story anyway. Each letter predicted more horrible things than the last, and the third was supposed to be a real zinger. So Pope Paul the Sixth (or maybe it was the guy before him, a 'John' I think?) opens the third letter and blanches horribly weeps, moans and fears for the world etc. All good versions of the story include the Pope's conniption fits on sneaking a peek at the third letter, so mine does too! In any case, the third letter was opened and the contents revealed a few years ago (after the death of the last child who experienced the visitations) but it wasn't even an eight day wonder as I recall, more a 15 minute thing. I can't remember anything of the contents of the third letter except that they were boring.
I really feel sorry for the runner who had a probable gold snatched from under his nose, imagine the years of training and dedication wasted by some nutjob. I feel sorry for the nutjob too. I'd hate to live in a world where you feel obliged to interrupt sports events to get across your apocalyptic message, he really needs help.

Post 26

Mrs Zen

Make him run marathons.

B

Post 27

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

At least on H2G2 all us loonys are kept safe, away from the so-called 'real world' where 'normal' people are reputed to exist smiley - weird

Post 28

Xanatic

Yeah, that last Fatima letter is supposed to just have been about the assasination attempt on the Pope. Rather an anticlimax when you expect something about the end of the world.

Key: Complain about this post