A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The Glowing Pickle Thread (A subidiary of the most boring and banal thread on h2g2)

Post 301

drt

Any Jasper Fforde fan will be very nervous of glowing cucumbers....

The Glowing Pickle Thread (A subidiary of the most boring and banal thread on h2g2)

Post 302

Baron Grim

Ok... we've got the smiley - sporksmiley - krops, now all we need is a pickle to plug them into.

Post 303

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

smiley - wizard

Post 304

Toxic barbs on a cucumber skin smiley - yikes:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150537855778527&set=pu.6607338526&type=1&theater

Post 305

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

They're tryign to kill us! the cucumbers will inherit the earth! quick, run to the hills, and hide in the blue sheep... smiley - runsmiley - sheepsmiley - sheepsmiley - sheepsmiley - yikes where'd all the blue sheep go? smiley - yikessmiley - run

Post 306

Baron Grim

I assume that's a sea going cucumber and may glow all on its own.

Post 307

I wonder how many are glowing... right now smiley - ufosmiley - weird

Post 308

Baron Grim

Post 309

smiley - wow Now, there's a coincidence smiley - weirdsmiley - silly

Post 310

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Spare a thought for Gherkin and his true love Piccalili.

Post 311

10 radioactive substances, including things that glow:

http://chemistry.about.com/od/nuclearchemistry/tp/10-Radioactive-Products.htm

Post 312

smiley - yikes The only one on there I really knew for certain, was the smoke detectors... but I had a vague notion most food had small amounts, and simularly stone/ceramic stuff smiley - weird

Mind, non of it has a patch on my kettle, which I bought from a Rusian I met in the pub... Its great, boils water really* quick, and you don't even need to plug it in smiley - cool I think he called it the Uraniukettle... smiley - winkeye

Post 313

Baron Grim

After all these years, how did we miss this?

Every New Year's Eve in Mount Olive, North Carolina they celebrate by dropping a giant glowing pickle. smiley - wowsmiley - discosmiley - magicsmiley - bubbly

http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/travel/video/11894792/

Post 314

smiley - wow *faints* smiley - zen

Post 315

Interesting to hear on BBC 'Breakfast' this morining about a long-lost lucrative vein of 'Blue John' being discovered in Derbyshire. However, they didn't explain what it is chemically. It is 'fluorite' (Calcium fluoride): The usually colourless crystals fluoresce blue when heated, thus giving rise to its name.http://www.bluejohnstone.co.uk/

Post 316

Does it taste of pickle though? smiley - huhsmiley - sillysmiley - weird

Post 317

Baron Grim

smiley - musicalnote
Workin' in a pickle mine,
Goin' down, down.
Workin' in a pickle mine,
Woops, about to slip down.
smiley - musicalnote

Post 318

smiley - laughsmiley - zen

Post 319

I've currently rediscovered my pickle addiction... pickled gherkins.... mainly due to a new stash found at a Turkish, well, Curdish actually, small corner shop... their jars of pickled gherkins, also contain a few cloves of garlic, plus chili peppers... which makes for a pretty-tasty pickle smiley - drool plus I need the electrolytes thesedays smiley - zen I've yet to try them for their glowing ability smiley - scientist

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more