A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Have you ever liked every track on an album?

Post 1

The Doc

Just curious. Publish and be damned I say........smiley - winkeye

Cant help it but number 1 (out of 2) on my list is:

Benny Mardones - Never Run, Never Hide. Heard the track "Into the night" on the rdio while on a holiday in Hawaii, bought the single, loved the B side (She's so French if you care) and bought the album on my next trip to the US on the strength of it..........listening to it now, still love it!

Album number 2? Barry White - Stone Gon. play this at least once a week while making dinner for the family in the kitchen (I dont inflict it on the family, are you crazy?) and just LURVE the 70's love god thingy going on......go on, give it a go........you just might lurve it too!smiley - biggrin

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

No.

Which, I guess, is the reason why I've never had any idols, not even as a kid or teenager.

Post 3

The Doc

Titania

Please go right now - I urge you - to a site somewhere and purchase immediatley a copy of Stone Gon and wallow in the lush Walrus of Lurve immediately..........

Go on - just for the hell of it.....smiley - winkeye

Post 4

Natalie

What a totally brilliant question!

Arghh...even 'Pet Sounds' has the wretched Sloop John B on it...and the Beatles albums have the Ringo tracks...

A recent one for me, possibly, is 'Free the Bees' by the Bees. Utterly splendid! But still - 'No Atmosphere' is a bit annoying... smiley - erm

Post 5

The Doc

Bless you Antelia

One does ones best to further the horizons of contributors!smiley - biggrin

Post 6

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Sylvia's Mother is on ALL the fresh releases of Dr Hook! smiley - yuksmiley - rolleyes

Post 7

Icy North

I was going to suggest Thick as a Brick, but then I realised there's only one track on the album. That's prog rock for you.

Post 8

The Doc

Hey, 1 track or 20, it all counts my friend!smiley - ok

Post 9

The Doc

smiley - rofl at Lil

So just what is so wrong about Sylvia's Mother?

Second thoughts - dont answer that......smiley - rofl

Post 10

Thank you... smiley - rolleyes

Post 11

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Most of the 500 CD albums I've got I like every track smiley - erm thats why I got em smiley - ermsmiley - ermsmiley - musicalnote

Post 12

Natalie

Have none of you seen the new section of the House Rules banning all mentions of 'Sylvia's Mother'? smiley - cross

Post 13

The Doc

EVERY track?

Blimy!

Ladies and gentlepeeps I think that kills the thread stone dead. 500 CD's and 2Legs likes EVERY track???

That is either incredibly good fortune or incredibly bad taste.........but far be it from me to diss another contributors entire CD collection!smiley - biggrin

Post 14

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - laugh nearly* i said nearly* I do have amongst the 500ish CDs a dozen or so maybe that I've gotten just for the odd one or two tracks on each... but in the main I think... yeh... there isn't much in the collection I don't like smiley - ermsmiley - weird and its not good luck... nor bad taste... Its exceptionally good* taste and a highly trained eye (or should that be ear) for knowing exactly what I like... and then getting it smiley - biggrin A few albums that do I think stand out as exceptionally good songs each and every track would probably be....
Red hot chilli peppers, Sugar sex blood magic smiley - cool ooo not listneinted to that in yonks smiley - erm Faith no more The real thing smiley - cool Frank zappa Broadway the hardway smiley - musicalnote Eric Clapton, Layla smiley - bluelightsmiley - erm Bonzo dog band, donut in grannys greenhouse smiley - cool Queen, err pretty much anything early, but Night at the Opera and day at the races and sheer heart attack in particular smiley - erm Howling wolf, London sessions smiley - cool Frank zappa you can't do that on stage anymore, vol 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 smiley - ermsmiley - weirdsmiley - erm Frank zappa Jaz from hell smiley - coolsmiley - erm hang on... if I list any more I'll end up just dropping all the albums smiley - dohsmiley - run

Post 15

Natalie

No Soundtrack to Saturday Nighthoover? The Bee Gees' finest moment, surely.

Post 16

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

smiley - musicalnote

Sylvia's mother says
Sylvia's leavin'
She's catchin the nine o'clock train

smiley - musicalnote

Post 17

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

I quite like Sylvia's Mother smiley - blush

Post 18

NNNNNNNOOOOooooooo!!! smiley - headhurtssmiley - run--------------------------smiley - run

Post 19

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Sylvia's mother was the very first song I ever learned. I drove dear mummy crazy with singing it all the time.

See mum. That's what you get for playing the same songs over and over again! smiley - laugh

Post 20

smiley - musicalnote Stop lookin' for your mountain Mary!.. smiley - whistle

Key: Complain about this post