A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Any new stories?

Post 161

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

small world Carol...waves to all

Any new stories?

Post 162

morpheus_in_bed

hi,i live close to a river which is home to huge rats.my cat loves to bring these home & let them escape in the house.he also brings home live birds,lets them go & ignores them flapping round the room.my cat hasn't grasped the concept of killing prey

Any new stories?

Post 163

rangerjustice (formerly warrior ranger)

Maybe they're not prey... maybe they're pets! smiley - winkeye

Who has the world's weirdest cat?

Post 164

hellboundforjoy

One of my parents cats, Chuck, brings in leaves in the middle of the night. Where they live people have tropical plants with really big leaves outside of their houses. When I visit I always wonder why they are strewn around the livingroom in the morning. When he brings them in he wanders around the house with them in his mouth making this wierd creaking yowling noise before he deposites them somewhere.

About 10 years ago my parents lived in another city not very far away but on the edge of where there was development. There were coyotes that preyed on people's cats there so they couldn't let the cats outside, but Chuck made the best of things inside. He would carry junkmail (which my mom would leave out for this purpose so he wouldn't bother real mail) around the house during the night yowling. At that time he was in the habit of leaving a little pile of mail in front of my parent's bedroom door during the night. I was only able to visit once while they were in that house, but Chuck placed a little pile of junk mail in front of the guest room door for me while I was staying there. smiley - laugh

Post 165

azahar

smiley - laugh

Now *that's* weird! smiley - biggrin

az

Post 166

I think it is adorable smiley - weird
may be chuck was a postman in past life. does he howl twice in short time?

Post 167

hellboundforjoy

Maybe he does but I don't know what "short time" is. smiley - huh

Post 168

azahar

The Postcat always rings twice!!! smiley - biggrin Or in this case, howls twice.

Just wondering, does Chuck ever go on strike?

az

Post 169

Az, you got it.

may be to difficult for land of entertainment (USA) smiley - silly

Post 170

hellboundforjoy

Ha, no he doesn't go on strike that I know of. Now that he can go out he brings in the huge leaves. If he doesn't have access to outside he can't bring them. I think then he just moves them around the house.

What a chunk though, he must weigh 20lbs (9+ kilos).

Post 171

azahar

20 pounds????? Holy smoke, I thought my Sunny was enormous (just 7 kilos). Chuck should be careful though. I've heard some leaves, especially on tropical plants, can be poisonous to cats.

az

Post 172

azahar

Pheloxi,

<>

Shouldn't be, since the film - The Postman Always Rings Twice - was an American classic that was then remade with Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange.

But perhpas Hellbound and Chuck don't get to the cinema that often. smiley - winkeye

az

Post 173

az, I know ..I was joking...

Post 174

Big Red

Details on the new kitten now on my personal page, for savvy Brits, classy Continentals AND clueless Americans. smiley - biggrin

Oh, and for Canadians, Estonians, Dutch and whoever else is interested.

Post 175

azahar

hi Big Red, *waves*

Oh, for Canadians too??? smiley - run

az

Post 176

Big Red

Yes, dear *waves back*

I put that especially for you smiley - hug

Post 177

hellboundforjoy

True some plants are poisonous, hadn't thought of that. He doesn't eat them though, just carries them around. I think he's also around 15 or 16 years old and quite healthy (except for the morbid obesity, yes I know) so they must not be doing too much damage.

Post 178

hellboundforjoy

smiley - laugh! thanks!

Post 179

hellboundforjoy

Chuck lives with my parents. Since he's an out door kitty there, he probably gets out more than I do. He probably knows all about how many times postmen ring.
I live with my own kitty, Bingers. We don't have a doorbell but the postal carrier occationally knocks. smiley - silly

Post 180

azahar

Well, this isn't quite as funny as 'giving a pill to a cat' but there are a few things that most people owned by cats will recognize. smiley - smiley

Why dogs are better pets than cats:

Dogs will tilt their heads and try to understand every word you say. Cats will ignore you and take a nap.

Cats look silly on a leash.

When you come home from work, your dog will be happy and lick your face. Cats will still be mad at you for leaving in the first place.

Dogs will give you unconditional love until the day they die. Cats will make you pay for every mistake you've ever made since the day you were born.

A dog knows when you're sad. And he'll try to comfort you. Cats don't care how you feel, as long as you remember where the can opener is.

Dogs will bring you your slippers. Cats will drop a dead mouse in your slippers.

When you take them for a ride, dogs will sit on the seat next to you. Cats have to have their own private basket, or they won't go at all.

Dogs will come when you call them. And they'll be happy. Cats will have someone take a message and get back to you.

Dogs will play fetch with you all day long. The only thing cats will play with all day long are small rodents or bugs, preferably ones that look like they're in pain.

Dogs will wake you up if the house is on fire. Cats will quietly sneak out the back door.

az
(somewhat masochistic cat lover?) smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post