A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 10741

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I know what you mean... my favourite is the whole emo-hipster thing. Long floppy fringes, baggy t-shirts, tighttight trousers, boots... I was wearing that 15 years ago and used to get the piss taken!

Petty Hates

Post 10742

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Have you been looking in my wardrobe, Mr D...?

Petty Hates

Post 10743

Pastey

Well, as an aging goth who now has a wardrobe the hipsters pay loads of money for, it's kinda surreal. I do wonder if society en-masse is taking the piss.

Petty Hates

Post 10744

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

You can buy glittery black and pink AC/DC t-shirts now. (My son got one for Christmas last year, shame it's too small for him now smiley - evilgrin)

Petty Hates

Post 10745

Frankly I won't be happy until the clothesmakers acknowledge that there are people who want to wear flares who aren't either skinny or going to a fancy dress party...

Petty Hates

Post 10746

Not that I object to making my own out of old jeans... It'd just be quite nice to have some that are all the same fabric and colour.

Petty Hates

Post 10747

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Anna - I always find Iron Maiden quite soothing when studying \m/

Current PH: People who don't move out of the way when you ask them politely several times, then throw you a dirty look when you push past them in frustration.

Petty Hates

Post 10748

Titania (gone for lunch)

They do? I guess I've been lucky then - people always let me pass if I say EXCUSE ME loudly.

Current PH: a commercial for a travel agency. A short video that is on every smiley - bleep page I visit (Swedish sites). Online newspapers, personal blogs, everywhere - argh!

Petty Hates

Post 10749

One time on the bus I was heard (or rather wasn't heard) to repeat "excuse me" several times until finally bellowing "MOVE!" at the crowd of students who'd all congregated right at the front. The few filthy looks I got withered under the one I gave back!

Petty Hates

Post 10750

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ah, the dreadde Lòók, no doubt...

Petty Hates

Post 10751

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Fords- I do this weird thing where whatever is playing at the time, if I’m revising and need to remember it for the exam, a quick burst of song helps. Green Day helped me pass my Chemistry GCSE and they don't know it, haha. Oh, Maiden are quite soothing when you’re studying something difficult. No More Lies has got me through plenty of tough exams but it mightn’t help with this one is the problem... although Dickinson’s vocal on Wasting Love is beautiful- you should check out his solo stuff, the Acoustic Song is gorgeous.

PH: nothing going IN for this exam. And another exam I thought was on 2nd Feb has been moved to 28th. Means I can stop worrying for a week or so but I WANTED TO HAVE THEM DONE. NOW. They’re doing my head in.

Petty Hates

Post 10752

Pink Paisley

<you don't want to mess with Pastey - he's a hero and has super powers!?

Dinner dinner dinner dinner Thatman.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 10753

Pastey

smiley - tongueout

I would like to state for the record that I have never laid claim to any special powers.

Other than those needed to enjoy every moment of life because each and every one is worth living smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 10754

Pastey

ps, who's round is it? smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 10755

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

It's yours. Mine's a mojito!

Petty Hates

Post 10756

quotes

PH 'factual' TV programmes, especially historical ones, with too little content. I'm just watching Dan Snow tell us all about the Staffordshire Hoard; except that for the first 20minutes, all we see is the field they were found in, the farmer who owned the land, and grainy video footage of other news networks reporting on it. If the hoard is so damned important, then please show it to us!

Petty Hates

Post 10757

Pastey

I believe that's called "building up the anticipation"

Personally I call it a load of time filling crap. I saw that program the other night I think. He's a dire presenter isn't he.

Petty Hates

Post 10758

Beatrice

Post 10752 - we need a "like" button!

Petty Hates

Post 10759

Sho - employed again!

but he is smiley - drool so I forgive him

Anna - I read somewhere (can't for the life of me thing where, now) that where you are when you learn things is important in the recall of those things. The study had 2 sets of people, they had to learn a list of 20 words to memorise, some in a classroom, some under water (scuba gear). Then they all went into the classroom and were tested, where those who learned in the classroom did better. When they sent the scuba set back under water to test them again and they did much better.

Indeed, I learn Korean vocab at the gym on the crosstrainer, and when I try to put myeself (in my head) in that situation I can recall the words better. smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 10760

Titania (gone for lunch)

PH: Hearing people saying we need a 'like' button when we already have one! smiley - ok

smiley - tongueout

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more