A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where are our researchers from?

Post 61

Danisbackfromlunch

I live next door to the wizard of Oz, he's a noisy bastard!

I was born in Stirling in the Adelaide Hills (South Australia). I have basically lived in the hills all my life, except for a 5 year stint when I moved out of home at the age of 15 and lived in the city. I am back in the hills in a village called Aldgate, about an hours walk from where I was born.......

I really need a job in a foreign country!!! smiley - smiley

Post 62

Nick O`Teen

But you _are_ in a foreign country. smiley - smiley

Post 63

Jan^

Don't worry Fisk, there are more Brits than Yanks, it's just that we don't post so loudly. smiley - winkeye

Post 64

Anonymouse

Are you sure that's Endicott?? That sounds -exactly- like the burg up the road from me. smiley - winkeye

Post 65

Anonymouse

Ah yes, the soooooooooo exclusively British trait of quiet understatement... right. gotcha. not.

Post 66

Jan^

smiley - smiley understated, moi? smiley - smiley
I only open my mouth to change feet.

Post 67

Anonymouse

*chuckles* smiley - winkeye

Post 68

Contemplation (Zaphodista in a Cloak of Goo)

Ah! Thats the one. Every time I find someone from over your way, I check to see if they have heard of him.... Cool.

Contemplation/96169/Emp

Post 69

Sorcerer

First Rule of Life: To every rule there is an exception
Second Rule of Life: The First Rule is its own exception

Post 70

ICU2

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!
We really need to come up with something better than this.

ICU2

Post 71

Sorcerer

Hey, you don't live next door to me. Okay, I'm the Sorcerer of Oz, but you still don't live next door to me.

Post 72

Hypoman

Born: Gunnedah, N.S.W., AUSTRALIA
Current abode: Canberra, A.C.T., AUSTRALIA

I too want a job in another country - I've only had one, and another would never go astray!

Is anyone counting the proportions of representatives from each country...smiley - bigeyes?

Linking to articles

Post 73

Sleezy

Thanks for the advice. I'm not experienced in anything much to do with computers, but I will learn. I'm getting through 'don't panic' slowly, but my neurons are having a problem synapsing I think. I can understand some the words, its the order they are written in that I have problems with...well at least I know how to milk a cow. If I can do that I'll never go thirsty. Thanks again for you help and see you around the community. I have to go now 'cos the boss is coming.

Post 74

Danisbackfromlunch

Hypoman you have given me an Idea!

What about a page (or pages) listing researchers countries and locations. I will start an Australian H2G2 Researchers page! If all you aussies out there go to my page and add a forum called "I am Australian!" then I will start a list!

Post 75

bubster

That's an excellent idea - especially if you can make it as stylish as your home page!

At any rate, it'll help Hypoman know how many people to expect at his housewarming party...

Oh, yeah: I'm an Aussie, but born in England (Biggin Hill, by dint of the RAF base being there) and living in Canberra, where I grew up.

I'm the one who actually enjoys living there. Strange but true.

Post 76

dAzEd

how about new plymouth, new zealand??

Post 77

Danisbackfromlunch

Because of the style remark, I will pop you on the new Australian Researchers Page... smiley - smiley
Which, by the way is here http://www.h2g2.com/A193303

It's only a first draft, I will try to add some style! smiley - winkeye Any feedback always welcome!

Post 78

dAzEd

i am from auckland, new zealand. born in fiji. lived here since i was like 3yrs old
smiley - smiley

Post 79

Danisbackfromlunch

I like Canberra! but I was only there for a week at a time installing and then uninstalling an exhibition called 'Off the Planet' at Questicon (the National science and technology centre). I love the surrounding mountains and also Tidbinbilla (the NASA deep space tracking station) very cool!!! And Mt Stromlo Observitory!

Linking to articles

Post 80

The Mummy, administrator of the SETI@home Project (A193231) and The Reluctant Dead on the FFFF (A254314)

Yeps, there's always work to be done, huh?

as for the advice, your welcome. If you're new to it, it might be a bit hard to swallow at first, I know. But you'll manage, I'm sure.

Key: Complain about this post