A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Elton John Versus John Major

Post 21

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

I think Major makes better music.

Post 22

Jeff Mutton

We know Reg is an advocate of weekend pugilism, but it could be a front...

Round one: Each man steps up from his corner. Elton, having been shopping immediately before the bout, is caught off guard by someone in the front row of the crowd wearing a Gucci tracksuit. Enraged at not having bought it for himself, he takes to stamping his left foot and staring at his personal shopper (still bringing parcels into the arena).

Major takes this opportunity to blend in with the background in his trademark style, hoping to surprise Sir Elton later in the fight with a pedestrian education policy

Post 23

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Major seems to manage the simultaneous appearance of a suave, deviliosh ladykiller and your old grandpa.

Post 24

Jeff Mutton

A useful tool, no doubt. My Grandpappy has a better complexion that Mr Major

Post 25

This is not the first time I've seen the that/than typo. It's odd, because t and n are nowhere near each other on the keyboard...

Post 26

Jeff Mutton

Oh yeah, and I had no idea I'd made than error. How strange. Probably something to do with conditioning. Or something

Post 27

Or something.

Post 28

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

How curious.

Post 29

Jeff Mutton

I think I missed out "than" altogether - it should have preceded "that". Anyway, has the former PM won the fight or not?

Post 30

voting continues.
insufficient votes cast for a count intermediate to occur at the current time.
vote please, one per person, no changing votes, judges (I.E., my) descision is final, and voting continues indefinatly (until which point it gets boaring, worn out, oblong, spherical or Warbleswick)
I think.

Post 31

Professor SmokeTooMuch

I'll vote for John Major.

But I'd rather not give reasons why.

Post 32

Reasonable not to give reasons, fine and reasonable and fine and fine anf peacocks wibble for reasons that we cannot reason so why should we have to? I think not, and so not we do as we did and we do again adinfinitum.

Post 33

daysweeper nighthooverite in waiting

wat no nighthoover? smiley - sadface

Post 34

No smiley - sadface just John Major and Elton John smiley - ermsmiley - bigeyes lest one is nighthoover in disguiose smiley - ermsmiley - weird any more votes? smiley - sadface

Post 35

*sigh* So I am not the only one who randomly revives threads from months ago.
I can't remember who I voted for last time, but it's definitely Major this time.

Post 36

smiley - biggrin I frequently revive threads from over two years ago smiley - biggrinsmiley - magicsmiley - devil

Post 37

FunkyP.

Elton John, obviously, as he wrote 'The One' - one of my top ten songs ever. Also, his songs are at the right pitch for me to sing at karaoke and his singing voice is slightly nicer than JM's (if Spitting Image is to be believed).

Post 38

Hmm, I'll have to start counting the votes again soon smiley - biggrin

Post 39

Hmm... must get round to adding up the votes smiley - run

Post 40

Go on then.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more