A Conversation for Ask h2g2

North South divide...

Post 61

McKay The Disorganised

I've often been called a barmcake, but thats because my family's from Derbyshire (on my mother's side)

I think I've been to the Fountain in Clent, is it halfway up a hill and miles from anywhere ? (It was about 20 years ago - probably in the middle of a housing estate nowadays) smiley - ok

There's a lot of bread you don't see very often nowadays in this world of supermarket bread. Cottage loaves, plaits, dusties etc.

North South divide...

Post 62

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

I d'know, supermarkets do a good trade in fancy bread. (mind, would anyone actually admit to being 'one who is skilled in the art of naming loaves'?)
the Bread Map will be constructed once I have found a few more examples, then available somewhere online for all to see.

North South divide...

Post 63

Orcus

' think I've been to the Fountain in Clent, is it halfway up a hill and miles from anywhere ?'

Yes smiley - ok Just a restaurant masquerading as a pub now though. Not sure why they retain their skittle room, I guess the locals like it smiley - erm

It was about 20 years ago - probably in the middle of a housing estate nowadays.

Nope. still halfway up the hill and miles from anywhere smiley - biggrin

North South divide...

Post 64

Captain Kebab

*waits in eager anticipation for Mandragora Scrymidden's Bread Map*

North South divide...

Post 65

McKay The Disorganised

It will need to be a big map for the Captain - he needs Pitta Bread. smiley - biggrin

Or is pitta bread something they used to use in the Cornish Tin mines ?

North South divide...

Post 66

NickyX__Mistress of Procrastination

pitta bread is greek isnt it? damn is this bread map going to go global?

North South divide...

Post 67

McKay The Disorganised

What about what you call what you make with your bread - Sandwiches - sarneys - butties, is that geographical or class related ?

Key: Complain about this post