A Conversation for Ask h2g2

wear to work

Post 1

Lenny (Lynette)

Does anyone where you work wear socks with sandals?

Many people where I work do.....smiley - bigeyes

wear to work

Post 2

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

You work with a lot of people in computers and/or electronics then?smiley - laugh
smiley - shark

wear to work

Post 3

Mina

I'll have a look as people wander about, but I don't think anyone wears sandals here. We're all too cool. smiley - biggrin

wear to work

Post 4

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

MaW does! smiley - laugh

i dont because the only reason i wear sandles is if it's really hot, so socks defeat the object. if it's not hot enough i wear shoes and socks and am much more comfortable.

wear to work

Post 5

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

When I worked for in software there was a guy who wore sandles and with socks. A jolly nice chap none-the-less but sandles? and with socks?!

Liam.

wear to work

Post 6

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Hmm, I have a friend who worked for the same firm who spoke of such a man. Probably the same man.
smiley - shark

wear to work

Post 7

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

Hmm, I have a friend who worked for the same firm who spoke of such a man. Probably the same man.

Does he now work for a different firm, but sit at the same desk? Looking out of his BAE window?

Liam.

wear to work

Post 8

Nope, he's in deepest Glastonbury now.

It was marcaroni radar he worked at though.
smiley - shark

wear to work

Post 9

Lenny (Lynette)

Well...I work in scientific publishing. The IT types here are all quite trendy. Its the production folk but I guess there is a large element of computer-type stuff in their work if this is any correlation

Now I'm in agreement that socks defeat the object. No objection to what people wear but this has always been something I have been unable to fathom. I was most surprised to encounter it in the workplace!

wear to work

Post 10

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

well here there are a load of faculty staff, about 10 libaray staff and 2 computer staff.

no sandles and socks in evidence (unless you count pop socks) but one of the computer staff hasnt been wearing shoes lately.

wear to work

Post 11

Captain Kebab

I wore sandals with socks today for work. I'd look bloody silly with a shirt and tie, work trousers and bare feet, and it was hot. If I'd worn my shoes I'd have had sweaty feet. If I didn't have to dress reasonably smartly for work I'd have been happier in t-shirt, shorts and sandals without socks.

I can't say I'm much bothered what my colleagues think about it - I'm comfortable with who I am. Nobody said anything but they all think I'm barking anyway. smiley - tongueout

wear to work

Post 12

Bambi - Keeper of Crystals and Royal Heart Royal (The Stag of Balwyniti)

Are they Crystallographers?

Whenever I go to a Crystallography conference there are always plenty of (grey) socks with sandles people there!!

Bambi smiley - reindeer

Key: Complain about this post