A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 7061

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Tell you what, though (and I don't think it gets *quite* as cold in Chicago most winters as in Lansing, but we're not so far apart that the difference is enormous), I can acclimate a lot better to the cold than the heat. For one thing, we're having terrible problems with heat gain in the flat this summer (and last summer, ever since they replaced our furnace, I suspect with one with a blower not big/fast enough for the space). It's 29°C *indoors* and that's just not comfortable for me. Fortunately the a/c is at least keeping some of the humidity down, so I can breathe well enough, but I can't sleep! smiley - wah

Supposed to get a break early next week. And it may be cool enough overnight to open a window a crack and at least let some warm air out- the forecast overnight low is supposed to be quite a bit lower than what it is in here now...

I don't drive a car and haven't in nearly 20 years, but I did for a couple of years in my late teens so I could get home from work late at nights. My car- an old Volvo- had lovely heated seats!

Post 7062

Oh, and currently about 38°C, feels like 40°, 73% humidity. Breezy, which feels nice if you're in the shade. And it's not quite as warm as yesterday at least.

Post 7063

winternights

I pass on my sympathises, it’s only just in double figures here outside (00.45am) and I am warm. Its to do with the house, how the heat of the day seems to release its energy, in the dormer where we sleep upstairs in the roof. I think I should have been a polar bear as I admit to preferring it cold

Post 7064

I also prefer cold! smiley - snowball

Post 7065

U695218

smiley - coolsmiley - cool
Another summer day here in the Gulf!smiley - ok

Post 7066

Reality Manipulator

Belhus, Essex Friday 22 July 2011 12:04

Scattered white clouds and plenty sunshine.

The temperature is 18°C, and wind speeds of 15 / 17 kph N. Humidity 62%, cloud amount 8%. Pressure is 1016 mb.

Hello Lapislazulismiley - smiley

They say that the worst place for rain is in the Lake District. The only advantage about having lots of rain it keeps your skin moist as I usually have dry skin but it is less dry during the rainy weather.smiley - cheers

Post 7067

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Well it's dark outside with lots-o-stars and somewhat cold, about 10 or 12c at a guess.

We're well rugged up let me tell you, thankfully winter only last a month an a half here and the days are already getting warmer.

Post 7068

U695218

OZ being the size it is must have some kinds of regional variations regarding weather?

Hello Thinker yes I've heard about the wet reputation of the Lake District, it is however, a very beautiful place as you no doubt know. I only visited it once a long time ago and I'll always remember it.
Lapis
smiley - tea

Post 7069

shagbark

4PM local time Lansing,MI heat spell slowly winding down. currently 83F(29C) with light wind.
some scattered rain now and then.

Post 7070

shagbark

here's a weather radar loop
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=iwx&loop=yes

Post 7071

U695218

Dhahran, SAU

Current conditions (as of 07:00)
Clear 34°C
Feels like: 34°C

Barometer: 995 mb
Dewpoint: 16°
Humidity: 34%
Visibility: Unlimited
Rainfall in last hr: NA
Rainfall last 24 hrs: 0 cm
Wind: 9 mph WNW
Sunrise: 05:00
Sunset: 18:30
UV Index: 2 Low

Observed at Dhahran.

All times shown are local to Dhahran.
Today High: 46°
Low: 31°

Post 7072

U695218

Good evening from a weekend in Manama, Bahrain.Manama.

Local forecast
Current conditions (as of 18:00) Today's forecast °C
Clear 35°C
Feels like: 51°C

Barometer: 996 mb
Dewpoint: 29°
Humidity: 71%
Visibility: Unlimited
Rainfall last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 11 mph E
Sunrise: 05:00
Sunset: 18:27
UV Index: 0 Low

AS you can see the temp/humidity combo gives an uncomfortable 'feels like' of 51C. Earlier this afternoon, the 'feels like' was even higher at 59C.
These next two months will be the hottest and most uncomfortable at times (not all the time), but hey, it's summer here in the northern hemisphere.
A/C rules.
Have a good day/evening.
Lapis

Post 7073

Reality Manipulator

Belhus, Essex Friday 30 July 2011 15:29

Scattered white clouds and increasing sunny spells.

The temperature is 23°C, and wind speeds of 5 / 6 mph NNE. Humidity 59%, cloud cover 13%. Pressure is 1021 mb.

Hello Lapislazulismiley - smiley

I have only been to the Lake District once and that was to the town Kendal and the other time was when I went through the area on train.smiley - cheers

Post 7074

U695218

Dhahran, SAU

Local forecas
Current conditions (as of 05:00) Today's forecast °F | °C
Clear 31°C
Feels like: 46°C

Barometer: 996 mb
Dewpoint: 30°
Humidity: 94%
Visibility: 4 miles
Wind: 3 mph
Sunrise: 05:03
Sunset: 18:27
UV Index: 0 Low

Observed at Dhahran.

Today High: 46°
Low: 29°

Clear
09:00

Post 7075

Reality Manipulator

Belhus, Essex Monday 1 August 2011 15:35

Mainly clear blue sky apart from a few wisps of cloud and increasing sunny spells.

The temperature is 26°C, and wind speeds of 9 / 11 mph SSE. Humidity 19%, cloud cover 13%. Pressure is 1014 mb.

Post 7076

U695218

Dhahran, SAU

Current conditions (as of 07:00)
Clear 33°C
Feels like: 46°C

Dewpoint: 28°
Humidity: 75%
Wind: 5 mph SW
Sunrise: 05:04
Sunset: 18:25
UV Index: 1 Low

Observed at Dhahran.

Today High: 44°
Low: 31°

Well it's mid-summer so the conditions at the moment will be with us for at least the the next 4 to 6 weeks, then a gradual reduction in temperature should be underway.

Post 7077

Reality Manipulator

Belhus, Essex Monday 3 August 2011 18:35

Mainly clear blue sky apart from a few wisps of cloud and increasing sunny spells.

The temperature is 28°C, and wind speeds of 6 / 10 mph WSW. Humidity 59%, cloud cover 13%. Pressure is 1014 mb.

Post 7078

U695218

Manama, Bahrain

Local
Current conditions (as of 14:00)
Clear 42°C
Feels like: 42°C

Dewpoint: 21°
Humidity: 30%
Rainfall last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 9 mph N
Sunrise: 05:04
Sunset: 18:22
UV Index: 7 High

Observed at Bahrain International Airport .

All times shown are local to Manama.
Today High: 40°
Low: 34°
Good afternoon from Bahrain.

Just called my mom in Birmingham England and she said it was raining, but was glad of it as it had been such a dry sping and the garden was yellow/brown not green.smiley - biggrin

Post 7079

U695218

That's dry spring and not sping! Typo error.

Post 7080

Reality Manipulator

Belhus, Essex Thursday 4 August 2011 15:35

Overcast day with a few very needed showers, hope more will be coming later this day and through the night.

The temperature is 23°C (this is the temperature inside my flat) and outside it is between 25°C and 26°C, and wind speeds of 10 / 12 mph SW. Humidity 66% and sets to rise to 98% in the early hours of the morning, cloud cover 35%. Pressure is 1011 mb.

Key: Complain about this post