A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The worst Song Ever?

Post 221

Profreeman

It has to be anything from The Sound of Music, but especially 'I am Sixteen Going On Seventeen' Just hideous!smiley - wah

The worst Song Ever?

Post 222

The Groob

I'm afraid I'm another fan of Terry Jacks Seasons In The Sun. It reminds me of when I was a carefree child. So there.

I remember at school we had to pretend we were record cover designers. I did one for Total Eclipse Of The Heart. Can you guess what I did? I drew a heart having an eclipse. How embarassing.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 223

Al Johnston

This totally overlooks the oeuvre of William Shatner.

Although, technically speaking, there is an argument that those don't count as songs...

The worst Song Ever?

Post 224

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

I was getting all up tight reading through the first few blobs of backlog, that I had to rush in and put in my bit right away....

Bloody Shuddupayaface....

Ask Midge Ure what he thinks of that one....

What else...?

ANY football song EVER. They're all pants - and especially those footy players who went on to attempt to have a musical career - ESPECIALLY Glen Bloody Hoddle....

ANY Bob Dylan - the guy can't sing for sh**e I'd rather listen to nails on a chalk board.... "Nya nya nya nya nya" TURN IT OFFFFFFFFFF... "Nya nya nya nya nya". You get the picture.

Brown Eyed Girl - PLEASEEEEE NOOOOOO

I used to play in a band where the guitarist used to pipe up at almost every rehearsal, "I think we should play Brown Eyed Girl". My answer was always "That's fine if you want to find another bass player. I'm just not playing that sh*t."

Anything that Pheobe plays except Smelly Cat!

Bassman smiley - coolsmiley - biker

The worst Song Ever?

Post 225

Call me Harry

GAAHH! It's worse than I thought. There are those amoung us who enjoy listening to that insipid Canadian's musical drivel. (Jacques Briel you should be ashamed, if you are still alive and living in Paris)
It must be and alien plot, some kind of mind control thing and only I am immune.smiley - headhurts

Are we at least in agreement on the Muskrat Love thing?

The worst Song Ever?

Post 226

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Just read the backlog....the goombay dance band - I'd forgotten that one! and it was truly awful...

Daddy cool, anyone?

The worst Song Ever?

Post 227

The interesting thing about this thread is how many of the songs mentioned ended up at number 1....

Oh I forgot....#

Bloody Maggie May

Should I start a campaign for a smiley?

The worst Song Ever?

Post 228

littlepurpleprincess

THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! What a load of b*llocks! Lets face it, you have a group of 'beautiful' young girls, wearing next to nothing, singing about how hot they are, and then put the word pussy in their name....yeah, its really all about the music init?! The music industry uses sex to make money so much, I feel sorry for those young girls who beleive they have to sell out to be successful. And that song sums it up completly so thats why its the worst in the world.

Also, up there with that song, you have....

Anything by Beyonce Knowles!

J.Lo - I don't know what its called, but it irritating as f*ck

50 cent - Candyshop

Britney Spears - Do Somethin'

The worst Song Ever?

Post 229

Emee, out from under the rock

I need to go put J Lo on the irritating actors thread. How could I have missed her? smiley - run

The worst Song Ever?

Post 230

The Groob

Beyonce Knowles...everything she does sounds like caterwailing to me. Jennifer Lopez...her voice is very irritatingly whiney when she sings long notes. But the most annoying voice of a singer was the girl from Bewitched (I think there's a * in there somewhere). So whiney and carp.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 231

A Super Furry Animal

OK, a couple that may have slipped your memory:

"Ca plane pour moi", by Plastic Bertrand

Pretty well everything by Demis Roussos

And, having released the fantastic "I Eat Cannibal", the lovely Toto Coelo followed it up with the dreadful "Dracula's Tango".

RFsmiley - evilgrin

The worst Song Ever?

Post 232

"Ca plane pour moi", by Plastic Bertrand was totally a song of the time and TOTALLY excellent. You can't dis Plastique Bertrand.... I can't let you smiley - biggrin

I can remember hating all the Saturday Night Fever and Grease songs when they were in the charts, I ended up playing in the band for a production of Grease - it was SOOO cool, a real hoot.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 233

Mu Beta

I've played in the band for Grease - keyboards (and vocals on 'Hand Jive'): most fun thing I've ever done.

"ANY football song EVER" - surely not including World In Motion?

B

The worst Song Ever?

Post 234

therodentmessiah

definitely have to be - push the little daisies and make em come up - no idea who sings it, just download it, and rip your ears from y our skull

The worst Song Ever?

Post 235

Orcus

Don't worry J Lo is already in the most irritating actors thread but I'd appreciate a seconder or two smiley - ok

Actually I'm amazed it took her so long to get in this thread.

Despite being neither able to act, sing or dance with any huge talent that I've noticed she's managed to get very rich. Just how???!!!
NO accounting for taste it seems smiley - winkeye

The worst Song Ever?

Post 236

The Groob

Because of the media - they keep saying she's really good until the public (or most of the public) believe it.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 237

Orcus

But every time she releases a record it is the musical equivalent of scraping fingernails along a blackboard. smiley - yuk
I reckon it's a generational thing as well though, my partner's 17 year old daughter loves her smiley - erm
Mind you, when we watched some of Channel4/5's 100 worst songs ever (a slow TV night indeed smiley - winkeye) she appeared to like nearly all of them...

The worst Song Ever?

Post 238

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

Ooh, ooh, I've just thought of a *really* bad song - so bad I can't remember exactly what it was called or who did it smiley - doh. It may have been on that 100 worst songs, but I didn't watch that...

It was by a bunch of Essex Girls back in the late 90s, and the only bit I can remember is them trying and failing to sing, in a broad Essex accent, "No way no way, manahmanahh" or something like it.

Can anyone else remember it? It makes J Lo seem like a musical genius smiley - yikes.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 239

Orcus

Ah, that was (unsurprisingly) out of the Stock Aitken and Waterman stable.

*struggles to remember*

*can't think why he's bothering*

The worst Song Ever?

Post 240

Orcus

The Reynolds Girls?

*can't believe he just bothered to look that up*

Key: Complain about this post