A Conversation for The Quest for a Free Lunch

TANSTAAFL

Post 1

Icarus

What if the staff at the restaraunt are both A) familiar with your type and B) too bloody-minded to pay any attention to your complaints?

TANSTAAFL

Post 2

slice

If you are from New Jersey, you can invoke the Fear-of-Lawsuit response simply by existing. Other will have to rely on the Implied Threat. Try invoking the Implied Threat Fear-of-Lawsuit response in the following manner:
Ask for the manager. Stare in horror at food. Discuss possible diseases and mention that your life could be endangered by being in said establishment. Say, "What is your health rating and when was the last time you were inspected? What was the name of the inspector?" Remember to keep a reasonable and friendly tone while saying these things. Say things like, "I'd hate for other people to have to go through this experience!" If properly carried out, these actions should result in the manager thinking lawsuit and offering freebies, refunds, etc.

I've had great luck with getting free desserts by keeping my sense of humor, too. Say to the waiter (with a smile), "Hey, my food is taking longer than it did last week or any other time I've been here. Can you give us dessert for having waited so long? You know how good chocolate is for keeping us customers happy." It works more often than you would imagine.

TANSTAAFL

Post 3

Icarus

But I'm not from New Jersey!

TANSTAAFL

Post 4

shrinkwrapped

Not from New Jersy, eh? Oh, how VERY conveniant.

TANSTAAFL

Post 5

Icarus

What's that supposed to mean? Is yourr 80's pop-culture status supposed to intimidate me?

TANSTAAFL

Post 6

shrinkwrapped

No, it's not.
Anyway, I'm not part of any 80's pop culture. Just 90s punk. Do you see?

TANSTAAFL

Post 7

Icarus

Mr. T is 80's pop culture. He was in "The A Team" and he had his own cartoon.
As this is your screen name, I will assume you have either A) a mohawk, B) large amounts of gold chains, or C) "anger issues". Am I right, wrong, or have I managed to upset you? If it is the last, I apologize. I seem to do that one a lot.

TANSTAAFL

Post 8

shrinkwrapped

I'm well aware of the great Mr T's antics and his A-Team fame.
I however am BIG MAD Mr Twiglet and am therefore an entirely different thing all together.
(a) I don't have a mowhawk. Yet.
(b) I don't wear large gold chains.
(c) I'm probably the least angry person you can find.

www.darcsytes.demon.co.uk to get all 'T'ed up.

TANSTAAFL

Post 9

Icarus

If you're not angry, how come the word "Mad" is in your name?

TANSTAAFL

Post 10

shrinkwrapped

Ah, that's because 'Mad' means insane, which does not neccissarily (spelt incorrectly, I know) mean angry.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more