A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Imardin

The Slums

Post 1

U521150

*large parts of the city were destroyed in the battle of Imardin...the slums were haphazardly built by those who lost homes. Right now there are not enough resources to help those here, as the defense of the entire city is being concentrated on.*

*some rumours say that somewhere in the Slums is the headquarters of the splinter group the Thieves Guild, but their location is unknown.*

The Slums

Post 2

Scandrea

*Lumien, in plain clothes so as not to attract unwanted attention, cautiously walks among the ramshackle houses, looking and listening for any sign of trouble. She wonders what her first priority should be: establish a school for the beggar children lining the street, protect the few legitimate shops from vandals, or help the widow on the corner find a safe place to sleep for the night.*

It seems I have my work cut out for me.

The Slums

Post 3

Craxus "ACE" (High Lord of the Magicians Guild "A2510425")

*A old man walks across the street, he looks at Lumien, but pays no heed.*

*He continues walking and collaspes onto the pavement.*

The Slums

Post 4

Scandrea

I should be careful. It could be a trap.

But what if it's not? He could be in real trouble.

Or you could.

*Looks overhead to see Chandra circling lazily in the sky. Looks to the street to see the man lying motionless.*

Sodit.

*still looking and listening for danger, she runs to the man on the ground.*

Sir! Are you okay?

The Slums

Post 5

[Old Man] Oi! What do ye care....bah....get away from me!!!!

*The old man attempts to shove her, but fails and falls back down.*

Ugh.....just leave me alone...I'll be fine.

*He coughs.*

*He gets up and stumbles to a side street.*

The Slums

Post 6

Scandrea

I'm not so sure...

*With Chandra still overhead, Lumien walks to an alley to the right, bordered on both sides by buildings and cut off by a wall. The building separating the alley and the side street is nearly two stories tall, but Lumien just smiles. In a few leaps, and with a few well-placed kicks to the wall and the building, she is on the roof. She runs along the most stable spots across to the side street.*

Just like the trees back home.

*She reaches the opposite edge of the building, and looks down.*

The Slums

Post 7

*Trash is on the street, with a few people lieing down on the ground.*

*Noone notices her.*

The Slums

Post 8

Scandrea

What went on here?

Can I summon a small rodent to see if those people are injured?

The Slums

Post 9

*A couple of people get up and walk over, one stumbles and falls to the ground, but moves no more.*

The Slums

Post 10

Scandrea

That wasn't really specific on how many creatures I could have out at once. Chandra is still here, and I needed her to keep watch.

What the-?

*Decides not to tip her hand just yet. Looks around to see if anyone is watching her, and summons a mouse to check on the motionless man in the street.*

The Slums

Post 11

*The man lies dead in the street, his eyes wide open, blood with a green ooze seeping out of his mouth.*

The Slums

Post 12

Scandrea

Time to call for backup.

~~~High Lord Craxus! There is something very bad going on here! I'm looking at a dead man in the street, and I have nothing in my experience to tell me what killed him. Please, send someone to help! Follow Chandra!~~~

*Chandra tightens her circle over the rooftop.*

The Slums

Post 13

~~~I shall be near in a heart beat. See you soon.~~~

The Slums

Post 14

*A red giant dragon is in the sky, flying over head of Lady Lumien.*

*Craxus points to the roof top to where she is and instructs Ignatius to fly low.*

*Craxus moves his hands to create a spell.*

*Ignatius lands on the roof top and High Lord Craxus gets off, his black robe swishing in the wind.*

Lady Lumien, what is that you need?

*Ignatius takes off by remains close by.*

The Slums

Post 15

Scandrea

*Points toward the trash-strewn alley.*

The man lying in the alley is dead, under some puzzling circumstances. I sent a mouse down to look, and there appears to be some sort of green ooze and blood coming out of his mouth. This isn't your normal sort of death. I haven't a clue what killed him, so I'm a little wary of going down and examining the body myself.

The Slums

Post 16

*Craxus ponders a moment.*

Lady Lumien, I'm going to cast a sheild around you and I. The sheild should stop most diseases or magical attacks. It won't last long around you...so once I cast it we should move down and inspect the body.

*Craxus moves his hands and touches the fore arm of Lady Lumien.*

*A bright blue light surrounds both there bodies.*

Ok let's go.

*Craxus jumps down the building and lands in the trash-strewn alley.*

Lady Lumien, let's inspect this body.

*Craxus walks over his black robe swaying as he walks and he kneels down next to the body.*

The Slums

Post 17

Scandrea

*jumps lightly down and follows Craxus*

The Slums

Post 18

*The High Lord stands back up.*

Tell me what you think Lady Lumien.

The Slums

Post 19

Scandrea

*Concentrates on the body*

I don't think it's a curse. I've never seen a curse that does that to a man, but I'm not familiar with all of them yet. My guess would be poison or disease.

In any case, we need to find out who this man was. We might be able to track down the source of what killed him, and stop it before anyone else gets hurt.

The Slums

Post 20

You are half right. It is close to disease. In fact it's the plague. You would have made a great healer. It's not too late to take on the healing traing...of course I could train you myself smiley - smiley Anyways back to the man.

*The High lord leans down.*

This is what I have feared in a while. The beginnings of a plague. Either cause of the slums or the Dark Alliance is trying to rid us the old fashion way. What do you suggest now Lady Lumien?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more