A Conversation for Talking Point: Children's Television

Standouts

Post 1

Agent Fang

Let me see...
Pipkins - Hartley Hare (bad fur, bad attitude)
Bagpuss (big daddy of the cat world),
Grub the fireman (from Trumpton, I think - do you remember the roll call for the firemen? Grub was the last one and hearing his name used to send my little brother into hysterics)
Humpty from Playschool, I lived for the moments he would roll over and fall off something (the Teds were ok, Jemima and Hambal were not. Happy memories of skiving off school and placing bets on which window they were going to go through).
Willo'the wisp - The Moog - I will never forget him getting a flea!
Magic Roundabout - Brian the snail, understated, nice scarf.
Trisha Yates getting cow poo on her shoes in Grange Hill.
Brian Cant, oh, where are you now?
Similarly, Derek Griffiths?
Rainbow - Just call it the Zippy show, ok?
Vision On - never did get in the gallery, but I'm a real artist now, d'y'hear, Tony Hart! It didn't stop me! (Morph was great on his own and didn't need a sidekick, sorry Chas. And I never did see the point of that bungling caretaker, did you? Don't give me plot line...)
Scooby-Doo - it took the movie to finally demonise that pesky little Scrappy, oh, it was 20 years too late for me!

Standouts

Post 2

compo

Pugh,Pugh,Barney McGrew,CuthbertDibble and Grubb.

I think that's the roll call you're after,Agent Fang.
(Have also mentioned it on the Watch With Mother chat site)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more