This is the Message Centre for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

In the Christmas Spirit...

Post 1

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Yesterday, Hubby and I began our Christmas shopping. We were doing ever so well and Hubby wasn't even complaining so I was enjoying myself. smiley - biggrin

We eventually moved across into A*D*, where I collected another half dozen or so presents. After looking at some DVD's we began to move among the other aisles when..... K E R R A S H!!!

We thought one of the shelf stackers had had a mishap. Then there was another almighty crash, followed by another! smiley - headhurts

'Someone's having fun in the wines and spirits.' said Hubby.

Actually there wasn't even any raised voices to give warning that something was kicking off... Only the sound of lots of bottles cascading to the floor! smiley - yikes

Suddenly, staff where mobilising and telling parents to get their children out of the store immediately! The tannoy system told ALL shoppers to evacuate the store, at this point all sorts of alarms were set off!

Damn! All my carefully chosen pressies had to be abandoned near the check out! smiley - wah

By the time we got outside, the first of the police were beginning to arrive, soon to be followed by the fire brigade smiley - bigeyes

Eventually, we were able to get out of the car-park and made our way home. Later, Hubby went back to see if he could remember what we had collected (read that as 'went to have a nose') and came back with about half of the items and the news that it had all been a domestic between a couple, which culminated in the man 'flipping his lid' and sweeping the bottles from the shelves in the wines & spirits aisle!!

I don't think he will be wanting any Christmas Spirit this year smiley - rolleyes

lil xx

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

hope it was just the wine shelvessmiley - winkeyesmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 3

Sorry Prof... There were loads of spirit bottles too! smiley - yikes

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wah

in mourningsmiley - sadfacesmiley - sadfacesmiley - sadface

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

What a rum do!

Post 6

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

It would have been the spirits that bought the firebrigade running

Post 7

VV visited us about an hour after we arrived home. She didn't know what had happened, but did comment that police, fire and ambulance were still outside the store as she went passed.

There had been a rumour that a knife was involved, but I think that was all it was, a rumour. You don't need a knife when you have plenty of jagged glass bottles nearby smiley - rolleyes

Post 8

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

One of them might have started with a knife though smiley - erm

Post 9

Malabarista - now with added pony

smiley - yikes

No wonder they wanted all the children out, inhaling the fumes alone could be enough to make them drunk smiley - doh

Post 10

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - yikes

This must be every store manager's nightmare!smiley - headhurts

Glad you're OK lil & Petesmiley - smoochand didn't get in the firing line or get injured by any glasssmiley - bruised

Post 11

BMT

Don't ya just love it, peace an goodwill at christmas time. smiley - rolleyes
Not quite whats meant by getting into the 'spirit of things' me thinks. smiley - biggrin

smiley - cat

Post 12

Superfrenchie

smiley - bigeyes

Using bottles as smiley - crackers, that's original!

Post 13

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Sounds smashing! smiley - biggrin

Post 14

Moving On

Ah... the season of peace and goodwill....

Doncha just love it when they really get into the spirit of itsmiley - rolleyes

Joins the Prof in smiley - wah

Post 15

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

I'm glad you and Hubby are okay...smiley - smiley

Pity that such things occur at this time of year..but then tradition is mostly dead nowadays.

smiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Post 16

Devonseaglass

That was a real gargle blaster!

Post 17

Smudger879n

Well because Mk2 cant get out of the house these days, she has done a lot of Christmas shopping on line!

She is becoming really good at it as well, just as well we have my old desk top computer, as I cant near this lap-top when she is shoppingsmiley - biggrin

I have also been sent out on shopping trips, which I am not really good at, as I have a fear of crowded places, yet somehow I manage, by waiting until an isle is clear of people, then I shoot up it, grab what I need then retreat back into an open space!smiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 18

aka Bel - A87832164

That must have been scary. smiley - hug

(Are you sure you didn't press any buttons, lil? smiley - run)

Post 19

a knife was involved!!!!!

they want to stop knives binge drinkingsmiley - biggrin

Post 20

Hypatia

Lil, I'm relieved that you were far enough away not to be in the line of fire. You can do serious damage with bottles. smiley - yikes What a nuisance, though. smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more