This is the Message Centre for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Why Now?

Post 1

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Some of you will remember I opened a Journal just over a year ago:

F1712450?thread=4487681&skip=0&show=20

Our beautiful nephew was born safely 16 months ago, and weighing in at well over 11 lbs, which surprised us all.

You may also recall that I abruptly closed that thread after a few days.

Now, I can tell you why. No, it's not the baby... Kyran has continued to thrive. Giving his parents many months of happiness with his calm, placid - yet mischievous ways.

Sadly, Hubby's family carries the cancer gene. His sister's cancer returned during her pregnancy and was not detected until shortly after Kyran's birth (the reason why the thread was closed so abruptly).

We were told that, although terminal, the cancer was mainly in her bones; this was one that could allow her some time with her son. We all hoped it would be years.. and indeed until recently you would have continued to believe that.

Until recently Anne has managed to lead a very normal, active life. Even taking over the daily visit to her recently widowed father and making sure he was well looked after. Apart from the odd days when it was difficult for her to move about, you wouldn't have known there was anything wrong with her.

Suddenly, as in days not weeks, her symptoms have changed. She was having problems getting around, her speech had become laboured, so she was sent for an MRI scan a week ago.

Five days later we are told the cancer has spread further in her body, namely her liver, kidneys and now her brain. In those few short days she's beginning to lose her sight and is having difficulty speaking. We have been told she will not likely be with us this Christmas.

We must take some consolation that we have the gift of her son. That beautiful boy will continue to give us the joy his mother has nurtured in him since his birth.

Thank you for listening to me.

love,

lil xx

Why Now?

Post 2

j_z_d

smiley - hug(*sigh*words seem So inadequate at times like this)

Why Now?

Post 3

Ellen

I see you've unsubbed, but I'll say it anyway: I'm so sorry, hun. I lost my Dad to cancer in 2006, so I know how devastating it can be to the whole family. smiley - rose

Why Now?

Post 4

Jabberwock

Dear lil,

Thank you for sharing that terrible news with us. I want you to know you're in my heart.

I really don't think words can help very much, except to say how much you and that little boy, not to mention his mum, have my sympathy, love and support. Do feel free to contact me any time you want to - I'm at l3ctur3r-42 and I'm at (temporary)yahoo(remove these temporary words) co-operation dot and uk.

Of course there's no need to contact me if you don't want to.

With love and sympathy to all concerned. My love and best wishes, though there's no need to convey them since she doesn't know who I am, go to your hubby's sister.

smiley - rose

Jab.smiley - hug

Why Now?

Post 5

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Lil, Pete...

I can only repeat what I posted to VV....

smiley - love, smiley - rose, smiley - hug.

You have been like a mother to me, and anything I can do, just ask!

Anytime...

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Why Now?

Post 6

Malabarista - now with added pony

I'm sorry to hear that, lil.

Wishing you strength and peace and happy moments smiley - cuddle

Why Now?

Post 7

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Feel my arms smiley - cuddle
Know my thoughts and prayers are with all your familysmiley - grovel

Muchsmiley - love and God Bless Anne

Annie
smiley - smooch

Why Now?

Post 8

Icy North

Oh, Lil,

I'm so sorry to hear what you're all going through.

I'll be thinking of you all this Christmas smiley - hug

Why Now?

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - cuddlesmiley - cry

Why Now?

Post 10

Yarreau

This is quite heartbreaking. I wish you all the strength in the world to see this through.

Why Now?

Post 11

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi lil
-
i know what its like to carry the burden, it happened twice to me
-
in 1980,s my sister joan died on the 27th december. and in the year 2000,around xmas time, my other sister annie, also died, both had cancer.
-
for two reasons i never celibrate xmas, the reason they passed on near or in xmas, and being an aethiest.
-
ive have lost four family memebers in the xmas period, uncle jack, and uncle alf,as well
-
so xmas isnt a good time for me,
-
take care lilsmiley - lovesmiley - dragon jimbob xxx

Why Now?

Post 12

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

oh Lil i ass on lots of smiley - hug's amd smiley - cuddle's to you and your family. I send you lots of strenth to get you through this.

minismiley - mouse

Why Now?

Post 13

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

smiley - hug my thoughts are with your family.

Why Now?

Post 14

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

No words can do, can they?

We'll make do with smiley - hugs and smiley - cuddles...

And Jaberwock - trust me when I say that even if you don't know someone, knowing there's all this love and support can make a difference - my wife has been ill recently, and received loads of support here - and she was really touched by it!smiley - hug

Why Now?

Post 15

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

My thoughts are with you I know of people who have passed away due to cancer and I am left thinking how fortunate I was to know or have them as family. smiley - rosesmiley - hug

Why Now?

Post 16

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Oh, lil.

TRiG.smiley - hugsmiley - teasmiley - cuddle

Why Now?

Post 17

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

your news are indeed heartbreaking, lil

this is not something that time will ever heal fully, but i hope the sharp pain you all feel now will soon give way to the kind of quiet sadness that can live side by side with the joys of life

for example seeing this little boy smile

smiley - pirate

Why Now?

Post 18

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Thinking of you and your family .....

smiley - wah

smiley - hug

Why Now?

Post 19

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Hello my Friends. I've been asked to come in and read your lovely messages.

Thank you so very much for your love and support smiley - cuddle

lil xxx

Why Now?

Post 20

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi lil
-
glad you took a peep,
-
when you message someone, your a penpal, when you email someone your a epal, when you meet someone, then you phone are a friend, and when you meet,its a special bond,and bonded friends are for ever,
-
smiley - dragon jimbob xx

Key: Complain about this post