A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Where have all the teaspoons gone?

Post 1

Pink Paisley

I work in an office where a kitchen is shared by 110 people.

I spend quite a lot of my time on psychiatric wards where I am often invited to help myself to coffee in the kitchen.

The common denominator is a lack of teaspoons.

These kitchens were stocked with appropriate utensils in the first place. I have brought at least 10 teaspoons to the office over the last few months. Often, on the ward(s) I end up making coffee with a dessert spoon or a plastic knife. Staff there seem unconcerned (Jeez - a great patient experience, enhanced!)

So where are all the teaspoons? Assuming that is that they don't live on a planet with a whole bunch of biro lids.

PP

Post 2

KB

Wasn't me!

But it sounds like you need this: http://www.rathergood.com/spoonguard

Post 3

Geggs

Most of the teaspoons have gone missing in our office too. But I understand that that is because one of the managers was offended by the number of unwashed teaspoons being left in the sink, and so purposely hid several of the teaspoons in order to reduce his personal level of offence.

Geggs

Post 4

Superfrenchie

smiley - lurk They've probably escaped to a planet entirely reserved to teaspoonoid lifeforms. smiley - spork

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Mine always seem to hang out by hiding in the cutlary drainer thing... They kind of sink down and get themselves wrapped about the wire grill thing and sort of remain trapped until I release them... Perhaps its a failed attempt to spoon off to go live the spoonoid equivelent of the good life in a strange spoonaoid world... smiley - erm
Is there a patient who is obsessively collecting the teaspoons? smiley - ermsmiley - nurse

Post 6

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go

... or is there a patient who regularly needs teaspoonoid objects removing from their bottom?

That's where I hide mine..... smiley - erm

Post 7

Ooo, thought I was the only person who does that... it warms them up nicely...

Post 8

It certainly does.

Word of advice, find somewhere else to keep your fork. I've never been quite the same since the 'fork' incident.

Post 9

Good advice...
I did something simular with fairly bad consequences, with my bread knife...

Post 10

I'm not really here

Mine disappear from the house too, so wherever they go, bring mine back! I suspect mine get thrown away by mistake.

Post 11

You can call me TC

But there's always one left in the bowl when you empty out the washing-up water.

Post 12

Not, if, like me, you don't have a washing up bowl in the sink smiley - bigeyes I know... I'm a rebel in the kitchen; I don't even keep my cutlary and silverwear in the top drawer; I keep it in the second, just to confuse visitors smiley - nahnahsmiley - evilgrin

Post 13

Taff Agent of kaos

##I spend quite a lot of my time on psychiatric wards ]##

you can get a good sharp edge on the bowl of a teaspoon, its also a non threatening item, unlike a knife of any kindsmiley - winkeyesmiley - erm

smiley - bat

Post 14

Pink Paisley

Oh, there are plenty of knives......

PP

Post 15

Storm

I have all the teaspoons. They appear randomly in my cutlery drawer. Please collect.

Post 16

Vip

smiley - laugh

I remember that one for future...

smiley - fairy

Post 17

I had a 'clear out' of my cupboard at the weekend (anything to keep the other arf happy) and, in amongst my hammer, screwdrivers, chisels etc, found 4 teaspoons.

I know I used one when I grouted the bathroom, but cannot account for the other three......

I'll give them a good wash and put them back in the cutlery drawer until my next diy project.

Post 18

Ivan the Terribly Average

From BMJ: 'The case of the disappearing teaspoons: longitudinal cohort study of the displacement of teaspoons in an Australian research institute'

http://www.bmj.com/content/331/7531/1498.full

smiley - geek

Post 19

adenydd

They're probably used as weaponry by the evil odd socks who threaten to overpower the innocent paired ones...

Post 20

Secretly Not Here Any More

All the teaspoons in my aunt's house went missing once. Then a few weeks later, all the teaspoons at my nan's...

Turns out that my cousin needed them for a "hobby" he'd taken up. smiley - erm

So, is anyone in your workplace cooking up smack?

Key: Complain about this post