This is the Message Centre for Merkin

Limmy XIX

Post 181

The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228

He zapped them away

3smiley - biggrin

Limmy XIX

Post 182

Sorcerer

I now have to pay

Limmy XIX

Post 183

Merkin

Mired in the hideousness of work!! A poor excuse but there it is smiley - smiley However, Xmas is nearly here and should have more time on me hands...

Limmy XIX

Post 184

Anonymouse

For those who need a quick leap to the current version: http://www.h2g2.com/F15011?thread=55487&post=831406

Smut!

Post 185

Anonymouse

C**n... I can understand it being banned when used to refer to blacks, but in hillbilly c**n just means c**n.. The ring-tailed, four-legged, washes-their-food, fun-to-watch, fury kind.

Smut!

Post 186

Orcus

So the Limericks are back then...

after a fashion smiley - erm

Smut!

Post 187

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Nonny, that usage would be 'coon, a contraction of "Raccoon" - the apostrophe makes all the difference. Although knowing the moderators around here, it probably won't. smiley - erm

Smut!

Post 188

some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one

Then again, we could be talking about C**n cheese.

Smut!

Post 189

Anonymouse

Apparently it did, as it seems, did the capital C in 'C**n cheese' in the post below yours. As to the ', the only time hillbillyese gets an apostrophe is when a translator puts it there. ;-> smiley - evilgrinsmiley - devil

smiley - rose

Smut!

Post 190

Anonymouse

Why are whole threads (this isn't the first one I've run across today) from 1999 suddenly being seen but marked 'removed pending moderation'??

Smut!

Post 191

some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one

To confuse us.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT MEANS SOMEONE MUST KNOW BOTH THE QUESTION AND THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smut!

Post 192

Mina

Anonymouse, can you remember where you saw the other threads?

Key: Complain about this post