This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

For all those who aren't subscribed to 'Ask h2g2' or the announcements, or who are subscribed but missed it:

there is a blog post about h2g2 having to undergo a 'MOT'.

I think it is important that all hootooers should post a comment there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2009/08/mots_putting_h2g2_though_its_p.html

You'll have to 'sign up' - if I recall correctly (it's been a while since I did), you just confirm your hootoo account - or something.

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 2

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

I stuck a comment on there last night. You click on the link to activate yuor account or something, I dunno and then you can write your message.smiley - biggrin

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

registeredsmiley - smileycheers B'Elsmiley - smooch

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

I read your comment, pingu. smiley - smooch

Cheers, prof. smiley - smooch

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 5

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

comments will go in later B'El, it's mam's shortly and if I don't gosmiley - wahit's clout round the ear timesmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

That's fine, Prof, I'm sure the blog will be there for a while yet. smiley - biggrin

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 7

smiley - smileysmiley - smoochandsmiley - cuddle

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 8

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

smiley - cool Well, if that young lady (or whoever sent her there as a scapegoat) reads the reactions that came in within just one night...instead of putting hootoo to sleep they might consider giving us a bit more support.

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

Let's hope for the best. smiley - ok

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 10

smiley - grrwent to post a comment and it wouldn't entersmiley - wahI'll try again later

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 11

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks for posting the link here, B'Elana.smiley - ok

The commentary is amazing.smiley - biggrin

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 12

aka Bel - A87832164

Yes, even Natalie commented. smiley - magic

Prof, open it in two tabs, write and post your comment and chack in the other tab after a moment (by refreshing) - you'll see that your comment is posted, although it does appear to still upload in the first tab (which you can then close once you see your post is there). smiley - ok

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 13

KB

Some very interesting reading there. smiley - ok

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 14

Superfrenchie

smiley - erm Sorry, but what *is* MOT?

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 15

aka Bel - A87832164

It's what is called TÜV in Germany. We have a guide entry about it here: A12921581

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 16

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh, and KB: thanks for reading and commenting. I'm trying to raise as much awareness as I possibly can. smiley - smiley

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 17

Superfrenchie

Thanks, B'El. I think it's what we call "technical checl" here in France.
I'm reading the posts on that blog page you put a link to, and will add my comment when I'm done. smiley - ok

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 18

KB

Realistically, we're sunk. I've yet to hear of a smiley - hamster-driven vehicle passing the MOT. smiley - tongueincheek

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 19

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - snork

h2g2 is being MOTed

Post 20

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

<>

Well then we'll be a submarinesmiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for aka Bel - A87832164

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more