This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

I've got a new job

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

I went to some sort of 'job interview' this morning. The local bakery shop (it belongs to a chain) are searching for 'Aushilfen' (assistants) on a € 400 basis/month for what is called a 'mini job' here.
I had inquired about the job last week, and although I mentioned that there were three days a week when I wouldn't be able to work there in the mornings because of the job I have (but I had said I wouldn't mind starting at 5.00am), she asked me to come today for further talking.
So I was there in time, and Mrs W, the boss of this shop, admitted that she had completely forgotten about it. smiley - yikes
No problem, though as she had time, and her boss (or whoever it was, but at least one step up in the hierarchy) happened to be there, too.
It was interesting. They didn't ask me about my level of education, just for my name, and the times I wouldn't be able to come. When I told them my name, I added that bit about the brand of frozen food*, so there's no misunderstanding of my name. The usual question whether I was related to that brand (Mrs W), then when I denied, Mr ? said 'No, you're fresher'. smiley - bigeyes
Err, yes. Didn't know what to reply to that, to be honest, so I laughed politely.
They were very keen and offered me a part time job even, pointing out that it would pay towards my pension. I said it wasn't my main concern as I pay for that through my current job. Then Mr ? again, saying I'd still have about 30 years to pay for it; so I told him it was more something like 20 years. I really thought he was joking when he said that couldn't be true because my age couldn't possibly start with a 4. smiley - bigeyes
Mrs W said he was serious, and when I said how old I am, they were both baffled. Which was nice. smiley - biggrin
So, I'll start tomorrow afternoon, directly after work, and I'm sure I'll be knocked out when I get home. Then I'll do the morning shift (starting at 5.00am) on Thursday. smiley - yawn
If all goes well, I might think about going part time there, and keeping my current job as the mini job, depends on the conditions. I'd have to talk with my boss about it. I can't imagine he'd object, though.
To earn the € 400, I'll have to work 72h/month, which is something like 15h/week. It means, I'll work 30h/week for a bit more than €700 (net).
That's what you get if you don't finish your education but raise children instead.

*There is a brand of frozen food which is the same as my name.

I've got a new job

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Good for you, I'm sure the extra smiley - 2centswill come in handysmiley - ok
smiley - hug

smiley - galaxy

I've got a new job

Post 3

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Congratulations on getting the job smiley - bubbly

I just hope you won't become too tired. You have a lot of w**k to do here too smiley - smoochsmiley - hug

I've got a new job

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

It will put an end to late night hootooing, that's for sure. smiley - biggrin
I will know more once we've agreed on which days I'll work.

I've got a new job

Post 5

Oh Noodles!

No more fun and games in the Court Room?? smiley - doh

I've got a new job

Post 6

toybox

smiley - bubbly

I've got a new job

Post 7

Christopher

Congrats Bel smiley - smiley

I hope it won't get in the way of Scrabble smiley - winkeye

I've got a new job

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

Thanks all.

Chris, I guess I'll be too tired to make my move at 4.00am - although I should be up a bit earlier than you in the future. smiley - biggrin

I've got a new job

Post 9

Icy North

Congratulations smiley - bubbly

May I be the first to call you "B'Elana Birdseye" smiley - biggrin

I've got a new job

Post 10

aka Bel - A87832164

Is that a UK brand for frozen food? smiley - bigeyes

I've got a new job

Post 11

Icy North

Aye aye! http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=captain+birdseye&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

I've got a new job

Post 12

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh, Iglo. My name is the cheap version of that. smiley - biggrin

I've got a new job

Post 13

toybox

B'elana Picard?

To boldly go where no one has gone before!

smiley - geek

I've got a new job

Post 14

You are not cheap smiley - doh

I've got a new job

Post 15

aka Bel - A87832164

Going by the amount of hair I still lose, I'd say 'To baldly go' would be the better expression. smiley - laugh

I didn't say I was cheap, just the food with my name on it. smiley - winkeye

I've got a new job

Post 16

Oops! smiley - blush

I've got a new job

Post 17

BMT

Oooh, well done Bel, just don't get over doing things please? smiley - hugsmiley - spacesmiley - bubbly

smiley - cat

I've got a new job

Post 18

aka Bel - A87832164

I will try not to. smiley - cheers

I guess it will take some getting used to, but other people work 40+ hours a week, and they are fine, too. smiley - smiley

I've got a new job

Post 19

Other people are usually w**king in the same place for those hours, which means they find a few moments for a bit of a rest smiley - hug

I've got a new job

Post 20

Malabarista - now with added pony

smiley - bigeyes Good luck, Bel! Congrats on the new job! smiley - bubbly Though we will miss you here smiley - wah

And if it's any consolation, you'll then be making in a week what I total in a month, and I get by anyway smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post