A Conversation for What's your favourite episode of Blackadder?

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 1

MadGeraldine

Ok, you mentioned THE classic dudes (being Balders, Percy and, of course, Blackadder) but where is Rik Mayalls classic characters?! Lord Flasheart, giver of quotes and reciver of "whatever he wants" ("Woof woof!"). In the episode 'Bells' he plays a hilarious 'Bride-theif' and gets in as many quotes as he can! "Thanks bridesmaid, like the beard! Gives me something to HANG onto!!" (He likes it "firm and fruity!"). Also, he plays one of the "Flying Aces" in "...Goes Forth" (Episode:Private Plane). "Ask who the men would rather meet: Squadran Commander Flasheart or the man who cleans out the public toilets in Aberdeen, they go for 'Wee-Jock-Poo-Pong-McPlop' everytime!"
Some may think its a meaningless waste of his time and resorces but hes gonna do it anyway......
Also, the observant (or plain human) amongst us will have noticed Fab Rik in series 1. But not as Lord Flasheart, oooh no! He plays the down-right crazy "Mad Gerrald"... a prisinor who was locked in a cell for twenty years even though the door was unlocked. He didnt really need "Mr. Key" after all then....
Keep your laughing trousers on and BLACKADDER RULES! Manya time ive been considered as witty, and its all thanks to the wonderfullness of Blackadder. By the way: "....its green"

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 2

Blackwalls

Your right he is really funny. Not just in the episodes but in the millenium special when he plays Robin Hood. But the best character in blackadder has got to be either percy or george.

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 3

Blackiebabe

I think the best character has got to be Melchett. Not only has he got some classic lines but who could forget all the Baaaaaaa!

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 4

LadyFlasheart

"My God!" "Well I suppose I am" 'Nuff said

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 5

ATwentyMinuter

Flashy doesn't really count as a regular as he only appears twice in four series, but his appearnaces are without a doubt the best cameos.

Always treat your kite like you treat your woman
What do you mean sir, take her home for tea and biscuits with your mother?
No, get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!

Sheer unadulterated genius

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 6

LilBlackadder

make that 3 times in 4 series he plays mad gerald in the first remember! (only just found that amazing what you can learn on the bbc!smiley - winkeye) 4 if you count the 2000 special!

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 7

Smilepeople

Everyone may say that the best character is Flashheart and I agree he does make you laughsmiley - laugh but Baldrick could beat him up with a turnip any timesmiley - erm well at least hes funnier AND in every episode!smiley - tongueoutsmiley - biggrin

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 8

jimbob_ii (hey, who turned off the lights?)

well i'm going to be twisted and proclaim to all of the bladder speaking world - I LIKE PERCY AND GEORGE!!!!

so there.

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 9

cunning_as_a_fox

flasheart is a classic! he rocks! he generated some of blackadder's best insults "most of the infantry think you're a prat. ask them who they'd rather meet - squadron commander lord flasheart or the man who cleans out the public toilets in aberdeen and they'd go for wee jock poo-pong mcplop every time."

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 10

to you i say one thing: iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's me! hooray!

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 11

capt.darling

"If word gets out that i'm missing 500 girls will kill themselves. Wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when then ought to be on my face. Huh!!!"

classic flasheart. he is a hilarious character but cant beat George "Tally bally ho" or Tim McInnerny as both Percy "we came across a turnip that was exactly the same shape...as a thingy!" and Darling "Look, I'm as British as Queen Victoria.".

GENIOUS!!!smiley - cheers

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 12

antidistinclyminty

To be honest I don't like Flashheart's style. He would be a much better character if Blackadder got the oppurtunity to insult him vigorously. I mean, he always ruins Edmund's cunningness, because when Flashheart is in Edmund's mist, not even Edmund can cunnigly counter flasheart's arrogance. Hahahahaha

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 13

Madam_Cone

Woof!

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 14

Woof!

Its Flasheart! Hooray!

Post 15

Lizziekins

I like Lord Flashart as well, he's excellent. I've been listening to Blackadder Goes Fourth quite a lot recenlty, and Private Plane is definitley the best episode, simply because of Rick Mayall's pefromance. Lizzie

Key: Complain about this post