This is the Message Centre for Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

a missing friend in china

Post 1

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

for a while now i have been emailing a lady in china,nikita.
-
since the earthquake, ive heard nothing from her. she lives in the area,shaxi town,guangdong province.in china.
-
as the news as said that certain communications are off, such as radio, phone and in places internet( she as a phone internet)it could the the reason, no emails as of now
-
she had just started a job, that toook her a hour to get there, so she could have been in one of two areas.
-
when she had the shop, she sold mp3 and mp4 things, and had a pc, and we could use msn to contact on video calls, now she is working,she as no pc at home, no time,so used the phone emails.
-
i might be worrying about her for nothing, but not knowing, and no emails in over 24 hours.
-
if i dont get an email by tonight,then i have to asume she cant contact me, smiley - dragon jim

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Hi Jim,

There is a lot of upheaval there just now.. Let's take it that 'No news, is good news'.. smiley - hug

lil xx

Post 3

smurfles

Hi Jim,if there'sanything i can do to help,any phone calls i can make for you,just let me know.
It's forced to worry you,it's terrible ,according to the news,let's just hope she's okay.smiley - hug

Post 4

thanks lil and sal
-
im out later at the cyber, so with luck there will be an email waiting when i get back.
-
i would think she as pc at work, and hope she sends from there or the phone. can only wait and hope, its good news, smiley - dragon jim

Post 5

smurfles

It's possible that they have no communication systems yet Jim,so give it a bit longer,try not to worry if there's nothing today.

Post 6

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Hi there Lil's right you know smiley - hug I'm sure wherever there's a disaster of sorts that what people do routinely may well stop. I know that I'd want to be helping in any way I could and writing online would be the least of my worries. I'm sure that they'd still be thinking of you but what is immediately around them is impacting more.

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

friends worry about friends - True Hootoo usage

Post 8

Websailor

Jim, if it's any consolation a chap from the West Midlands was on local radio today. He is in Chengdoux at the epicentre of the earthquake and he is ok.

i have been watchang a serious on TV abut Chinese schools, and the build up to the Olympic Games, and I have a horrible feeling that some of the wonderful children we have been watching may be gone. So very sad.

I hope you hear something soon,

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 9

Reality Manipulator

Hi Jimsmiley - hug

I wonder if you know what part of China does she come from and if it is directly effected by the earthquake.

I hope that she is not effected by the earthquake.

Take caresmiley - hug

Post 10

Nigel *ACE*

smiley - goodluck I hope she is smiley - ok.

Thinking of you and your friend.

Keep us posted.

Nigel smiley - footprints

Post 11

hi all
-
its now 5-30pm nearly, nothing on the pc emails, and ive just checked before coming to h2g2 on all three of my active, nothing as of yet.
-
websailor, in the first part of the jerno i added the area, but as china is very big, ive no idea where it is in line with where the quake was smiley - dragon jim

Post 12

Websailor

Looking at the maps she may be on the most southern edge of the 'quake as the epicentre was nearer the mountains.

There is a great deal on the Net about Shaxi Town, being a huge manufacturer of casual clothes. I have seen no mention of the town or Zhongshan City of which it is part, so maybe no news is good news. You have a better chance of hearing something than if she was in a tiny place or out in the country.

I got a map and the city is in a huge inlet just above Hong Kong, being much lower down that the worst of the 'quake.

smiley - goodluck

Post 13

Websailor

PS Map here:

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/images/map/guangdong/guangdong.gif

WS smiley - dragon

Post 14

Ryan the Daemon Prince - Dealing Arms to Svalbard Since 1995

Wasn't the earthquake in China's Sichuan provence?

Don't worry too much Jim, there's always hope.

smiley - brave

Post 15

Websailor

More or less but it spread far and wide.

Post 16

Ryan the Daemon Prince - Dealing Arms to Svalbard Since 1995

Fair nuff.

But as I say, there's always hope.

Post 17

Websailor

Some amazing stories come out of these tragedies. As you say there is always hope and the lady seemed in a good position away from it. Of course that wouldn't stop communication being wrecked.

Post 18

thanks websailor,and evryone
-
i,ll not be able to see the map till thursday, im on basic setup here at home.
-
ive sent an email out about two hours ago, it asnt come back, undelivered, so could be a good sign.
-
smiley - dragon jim

Post 19

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/news/stories/200805/s2242795.htm?tab=latest

most distressing news of recent times - from the tsunami

smiley - sadfacesmiley - sadfacesmiley - sadfacesmiley - sadfacesmiley - sadface

Post 20

hi all
-
good news phew lol
-
i received an email this morning, nikita is ok, she apparently wasnt in the area the quake hit
-
ive asked another friend to cut and paste to here, its not private, nothing other than she is ok,but written in her way.
-
nikita is a memeber of h2h2, so ive let her know about the jerno, so its possible she will be saying a thankyou to you all for your help and wishes. smiley - dragon jim

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more