This is the Message Centre for Laura

The end of the second year

Post 1

Laura

Got my exam results a few minutes ago...

They're OK, I did badly in two exams. Not badly as in failing but badly in that they pulled my other results down.

My second highest mark was in photography. I thought I was useless at it so didn't sign up for the advanced module. Concequently I'm a little miffed with myself smiley - doh

My two worst results were for oceanography and environmental impact assessent theory. The later I thought was bad, it was a nasty exam, but I thought I'd done well in oceanography smiley - weird

Basically I need to get an extra 1.5% on average next year, which as long as I avoid modules with too much chemistry content I should be able to get. smiley - smiley (I didn't take A-level chemistry so find some of the chemistry content very hard)

Tomorrow I'm off to the Lake District, and then I'm off to Opti's and then going to visit my grandparents, so I'm going to be offline for a week-and-a-bit. Tonight though I'm off for an smiley - alesmiley - cheers

Post 2

Researcher 185550

Well, there's a lot to do with the examiner, the questions that come up smiley - weird... it's a lottery.

Enjoy the Lake District.

Post 3

The Reverend Something or Other

Well, dear girl, even if the scores aren't everything you were hoping for, you are to be congratulated on succeeding at them all. And so you have my congrats.

And wishes for a great summer.

smiley - cheers, friend

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - cheerup Unc, atleast you passed your exams smiley - smiley
Pity you'll not be here tomorrow, I've just seen it's the date of my first hootoo anniversary, but then I don't even know if I'll be able to go online, cause it's the weekend, which means hubby at the pc if the weather is bad, so what smiley - erm

Post 5

Laura

Oceanography was a very odd exam, with questions such as 'which of the following penguins is not found in Antarctica' smiley - erm.

Was meant to be the Cairngorms but the train.... well, it became an impossibility anyway. Nasty trains smiley - cross. The Lakes is a lovely area though and weather's looking good smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Laura

Oops, I'm obviously not writing quick enough.

smiley - cheers Nick

Happy anniversary Bel smiley - biggrin, I managed to completely miss mine smiley - doh

Post 7

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Unc,
I know we haven't spoken for ages, but well done. I'm sure I wouldn't have done so well, and I DID take Chem A-level!!!
As for the Penguin, I would have gone for either Galapagos, as a separate species, or Adele, found in South Africa, although RockHopper might also have been right...Depends on te question. Good on birds, to a lesser extent, animals, but definitely not plants....
Anyway, well done, and enjoy your well-deserved rest...smiley - cheers

smiley - musicalnote

Post 8

Laura

Thanks smiley - biggrin, I can't remember what all the options were now, or even what I put for an answer. I got my first choice of tutor for next year though, which means I get an ecology based final year project, which is great as that's my main strength. I've an avian biology module next year as well smiley - wow

Post 9

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Well, Unc.,
Any help I can give, on the Avian front, I'm more than happy to help. I'm hoping to go Broadband within 4 weeks, so could send my address to you when I have it...I've been involved in it for 37 years and have a fair knowledge, but Bill Oddie I ain't....

smiley - musicalnote

Post 10

Laura

I don't know what the module involves yet, but I'll let you know when I know. smiley - biggrin

Post 11

Laura

Argh, I now won't have internet access until the end of the month smiley - dohsmiley - wah

However, mush dash smiley - run

Post 12

Existential Elevator

smiley - hugsmiley - cheerupsmiley - cheerssmiley - cake

mmm.... smiley - cake...

Post 13

Researcher 556780

smiley - hug

Have fun, this weekend!

Post 14

Mullet

Didn't do A level chemistry!? *backs away slowly* Crazy girl *shakes head out of pity*

Anyway......have a nice weekend, and don't worry about the penguins smiley - cheerup

Nothing can be as stupid as our AS Biology exam. "Blood pressure of 60 people was taken hourly" and then the results go "Midnight, 2am, 4am, 6am, 8am"

Post 15

Researcher 185550

Oh yes it bl**dy well can. I don't suppose you're doing SNAB, are you?

One of the practicals for our AS Biology was making popcorn. One of the others was making plastacine animals.

Post 16

Mullet

Since you must be acheing to be asked what SNAB is......what's SNAB!?

Post 17

Researcher 185550

Salters-Nuffied Advanced Biology.

Post 18

Researcher 185550

Case in point:

http://www12.brinkster.com/whodaman/tubes.jpg

That is from an actual A-level textbook.

Post 19

Laura

I'd make sense of the last few postings, but I can't smiley - ill

Just in case anyone ever feels tempted, don't climb Skiddaw as part of a 19 mile walk when you're going down with 'flu. I think I'd better warn Opti she's not getting a very well unc to deal with tomorrow.

Post 20

Existential Elevator

smiley - cuddle

Here, have some smiley - tea...

Key: Complain about this post