A Conversation for Suitability of Content on h2g2

ok.

Post 1

nineofeight

...so, we all agreed, by agreeing to the houserules, to be censored anyway...
...someone, somewhere, ultimately has to decide what to censor...
..if its going to happen anyway, all we can really ask for is some guidelines to assist us to know, when writing articles, whether said articles are a waste of time or not - and maybe the chance to 'fix' them if they contravene the rules..(when you get the guideml wrong, it gets returned with the wrong bits highlighted!!)
Lets face it, anyone who gets an article 'removed' is not going to like it and probably won't agree with the reasons anyway.
The chart is very simplistic and obviously will not 'cure' the arguements. I can see a lot of protests but not many constructive suggestions as to what system, if this chart won't, will work?
...or could be built upon to make it work?
...'community'???


ok.

Post 2

Absolutely

I think that first of all we must decide whether the BBC conforms to the standards of the Guide. If they transmitted and nobody watched or listened would that be the sound of one hand clapping?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more