A Conversation for Talking Point: How Did You Discover the HHGTTG?

Douglas Adams

Post 1

Researcher 221359

In response to the question on how I cam across his book, my teachers introduced them to me ten years ago. I picked up one book after another and finished about 4 titles in a month.
Surprised to see is title featured here as h2g2!

Pick it up if u have not. u'll enjoy it. It's hilarious!


Douglas Adams

Post 2

Doc Jitter

I guess I heard so much about this Hitchhiker thing that I finally bought myself a copy. I never quite lost contact ever since ...


Douglas Adams

Post 3

cosmopolitan snowflake

Actually a friend of my best friend's little brother gave it to me, because at that time I was about the only one in my circle of friends who hadn't read them. That was about 15 years ago.

I was fascinated with these books ever since. I also saw Douglas Adams at a reading of Last of their kind, which was very exciting. Shortly before his death I had started to reread all of his books, at that time I also found out about h2g2 here.

The hitchhikers guide was so well known in my school and among my friends that I find it very strange now to meet people who have no clue, how important it is to always take a towels with you or what 42 stands for. I wonder if kids are still reading the books? I hope they do, otherwise they would miss quite a lot.

I have never heard the radio show or watches the TV series, though. Somehow I always missed them.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more