Join the Q: Red Roses for my Darling

1 Conversation

Join the Q logo.

Join the Q: Red Roses for my Darling

A dozen red roses for my darling

Regular readers will know I like to celebrate Valentine's Day by buying some red roses in honour of my darling.

Depending which day of the week Valentine's Day falls, it is sometimes challenging to find what I would like. In 2019 Valentine's Day fell on a Thursday, but I still managed to find a classic 'dozen red roses for my darling' so that was very pleasing.

This year, Valentine's Day fell on a Friday, so I felt even more confident of being able to find a bargain at the supermarket on the Saturday. However, other people had beaten me to it - all the bouquets had been sold.

While not as impressive a gesture as a bouquet, a single red rose is also very romantic smiley - rose so I bought one for my darling, one for me, and a larger one for us both together.

Three Red RosesCloseup view of the large red rose

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

09.03.20 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87973951

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more