Looking Towards the Solstice
It's that time of year again: December. The weather gets colder for some of us, who watch the snow fall, while others in different climates are keeping an eye on the rain gauge. Either way, we're thinking of traditions, familiar rituals, beloved music, and gifts. We hope things won't get too hectic for you, and that you'll find time to join us in some writing, photography viewing, and other forms of jollity.
This issue is jam-packed with fun things to read, look at, listen to, and be snarky about. We're all in NaJo recovery, waking up and thinking, 'Today, I don't have to write a blog/chapter in the group novel'. We have some more bits and bobs from that towering achievement, '30 Hours in Hooverville'. We are glad everybody survived. You can read it anytime, thanks to the wonder that is the internet, but if you'd like a copy of the .pdf novel version, send an email to the postteam-at-gmail-dot-com and we will oblige.
Of course, the Create Team aren't letting you rest on your laurels. They have a brand-new challenge for you. It isn't seasonally related unless you want it to be. Warning: The Post Editor hates the word 'festive' with an unbridled passion. You may refer to this season as the 'holidays', the 'solstice', 'Hannukah', or even 'Hoovermas', as well as Yuletide, Christmas, etc. But lay off the word 'festive' or I shall Take Measures. 'Festive' is the way your garden gnome looks if you put a funny hat on him.
What do we have for you this week? Oh, so many good things:
- Willem has a goose, Cactuscafé has a flower, FWR has a smug cat, and Paigetheoracle found a monument to some cows, so we've got nature covered.
- There's a fair amount of nature in this week's black-and-white challenge division, as well: some of the nature is doing some interesting things.
- There's cinema from two sources: Awix reviews a serious historical film, and I tell you what I thought about the Mister Rogers movie, because...Pittsburgh.
- There's lots of humour and comics and such. Enjoy. Let the artists know you appreciate.
- There is fiction! Paigetheoracle continues a disturbing story, and Freewayriding brings us some science fiction. On the imaginative front, there's also a Hymn to Nighthoover. We blame 2legs for inspiring it.
- I start our Create challenge off by telling you why Your Editor is such a relentless pessimist and total grouch. It's all the fault of expecting the '50s to return…you'll see.
Please read, comment, and send more Stuff! This ezine doesn't write itself, you know. It takes a global village. Have a great week!
Quote of the Week: Next story is a three parter too, so if you are feeling suicidal already, let me know. Better still send me the suicide note and I will proof read it.