Post Quiz: h2g2's Top 10 Entries – Answers
An eclectic selection of topics made it on to the Top 10 list of the most-read Edited Entries in 2018. How much did you know about them? Answers below.
- How many valves does your heart have?
- Sodium hypochlorite is the chemical name for what household product?
- Sitophilus granarius is the scientific name for what insect?
- An enzyme is what type of substance?
- A standard deck of playing cards consists of how many cards?
- What method is used to select a Homecoming Queen and King?
- An election
- What non-intuitive thing do you have to do if you bake a Victoria Sponge Cake in a silicone mould?
- Leave the cake to go completely cold inside the mould
- According to the cheesy joke, what do you call a man with two raincoats in a cemetery?
- Max Bygraves
- Which curry type actually contains the leaves of the curry plant Murraya koenigii?
- Who was the star of the 2004 film The Terminal?
- Tom Hanks
At Number 10 was Your Heart and the Sounds it Should and Shouldn't Make.
At Number 9 was The Dangers of Mixing Bleach and Ammonia.
At Number 8 was Weevils in Your Flour? Pests in your Pasta?.
At Number 7 was Useful Enzymes and Their Applications in Industry and Medicine.
At Number 6 was Card Games.
At Number 5 was American High School Dances.
At Number 4 was How to Bake a Perfect Cake with a Silicone Mould.
At Number 3 was Name Jokes.
At Number 2 was A Beginner's Guide to Curry.
And at Number 1 was Mehran Karimi Nasseri - In Transit.