The h2g2 Post 06.10.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 6th October 2014

Busy Bees

Carpenter bee by Willem. Are you surprised to see a bee in October? Then you must live in the northern hemisphere. Our artist Willem, however, lives in South Africa. He's chosen to share the story of his winter garden with us, and to tell us about how different the seasons are down there. We're grateful, and we know you will be, too, when you see these awesome photos. In addition, he tells us about a cane rat. All God's creatures got a place in the choir.

Bluebottle's got Meet news, read it. Ben's got some good news, check it out. Awix has movie news, caveat spectator, as always. The Prof's here to tease you with another quiz, and your tireless Editorial Staff challenge you to remember spooky TV characters.

Speaking of spooky…it's October, you know. Time to sharpen those menacing knives…to carve pumpkins, of course. As the Tenktonese in Alien Nation put it, you've got to ritually sacrifice that vegetable. You've ALSO got to come up with a scary story or photo for the Post. Create demands this. If you fail in your assigned task, beware. The ghost of HP Lovecraft will creep out from beneath your bed, muttering about Nameless Horrors…get to work!

So, enjoy the pictures and stories, have a good time wherever you are, make plans with your fellow h2g2ers, and leave a comment here and there, while mulling over the question: how can I scare the daylights out of everybody on this website?


Have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WHAT LURKS IN THE FIELD?
  • Greater cane Rat by Willem
  • Scary pumpkins.


WHAT'S IN THE AIR?

WHAT's GROWING DOWN SOUTH?

  • Aloe rupestris

IS LOVE IN THE AIR?
  • Stella by starlight

CAN YOU PUZZLE IT OUT?
  • Willem's 2013 Halloween Delight.
  • Dancing at the diner.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87839338

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more